Raspberry Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psi3000

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I made a raspberry cream ale on 10-03 of last month. I put it in the secondary on 10-23, and primed two 16oz bottles of it on the same day. Three days ago I put one in the fridge and had it last night. It had a very bad aftertaste.
Here is my recipe:
11lbs American Pale Malt (brewers 2 row)
0.5lbs American Crystal 60L
1lbs American Dextrin Malt
1tsp geleton
3/4 cup priming sugar
5oz raspberry concentrate

Hops:
Hallertau (German) Leaf 1/2 oz 30min 1/2 oz 2mins
Willamette Leaf 1/2 oz 30min
Cascade Leaf 1/2 oz 30min

Yeast: WLP080 Cream Ale Yeast Blend

SG: 1.056

Any idea why I have a bad aftertaste? I was really excited about this beer and the aftertaste is a real disappointment. Do I have to let it sit longer or something? I plan on making another raspberry cream ale, probably with a different recipe with flaked corn or rice. Any help with this issue or another recipe would be greatly appreciated.

I just bottled a Blueberry wheat ale and the instructions on the blueberry extract said to only use 2 oz per 5 gallons. So maybe it was to much extract. Also my recipe called for a can of blueberry pie filling in the fermentor. You might try a can of raspberry in you next batch and less extract.

Back