RAPT Pill - High Att: 400% and starting low gravity (.994) and increased gravity (1.006)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayfawkes

Reaction score
I recently got an RAPT Pill and calibrated it, once in water and once in sugar water. Seemed to be working great.

Started a cider (mangrove jack, apple) and had some odd readings going into it. It seems okay in the chart now but some odd readings with the Att being +400% and the odd gravity readings.

Has anyone else had similar situations like this?

Thanks!

Without seeing chart my guess would be that it “started” with a reading from your holding it at an angle giving a super high reading. I always throw the rapt in and start a new fermentation profile an hour or two after everything has stabilize. If you don't want to make a fermentation profile you can at least slide the starting time on the chart to a reasonable start time each time you review to make sure your overall abv and attenuation are relatively accurate.

You probably had some unrealistically high SG readings too at the start of your monitoring. So if you also measured the OG with a hydrometer or refractometer, then just edit the profile session start to when the pill is first displaying that SG in a reasonable and somewhat steady state.

Back