Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southern Tier Pumking is OUTSTANDING if you buy it this year, drink it next

214.jpg

Southern Tier Pumking is OUTSTANDING if you buy it this year, drink it next

View attachment 777420
My BIL planted pumpkins in our garden here before we arrived, I'm hoping we'll get a couple of batches of pumpkin soup and a couple of pies before we go back to the states in a month.

Attachments

• 20220812_105055.jpg
    20220812_105055.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Seems pretty cool, but is it worth $47? :oops:
I have to say it was pretty darn cool. The pictures definitely don’t do the experience justice. Was it worth $47? Well, I guess I could’ve saved the cost of admission and had the wife pissed, or suck it up and go. So…….I guess that’s up to you to decide.
YMMV.

Gotta love boardwalk pizza. Mack and Mancos mmmmmmmm. Now it's Manco and Manco's but still great! Are you originally from NJ or PA?
PA - well, that's where I went to school (Villanova). Grew up in Ohio mostly. Wife and I spent a lot of weekends on those beaches. We went up for a long weekend, stayed right on the boardwalk there for a few days. Good times!

We would be very sad if they were disappeared by development. We make a few putts down the Charles and out to the islands each year and stop at The Barking Crab for late lunch/early dinner.

It's interesting - they're actually fortunate to be hemmed in so tight to Fort Point Channel by adjacent buildings. A developer would have to buy much more than just the restaurant property to do much of anything.

Anyway, the Crab was in fine form this afternoon - 3pm mid week and still mobbed up, but they gave us seats within sight of our boat out back in short order and had drinks in front of us quickly. Gotta love the Crab!

View attachment 776144

Cheers!
Didn't have time to visit the Crab on our recent trip to Boston, but did get driven past it a few times. Had a great time in that city. Husband loves clam chowder (I am not a fan) and ordered it in almost every place we stopped for dinner. Weather was gorgeous, the people were all super nice. Everywhere we went met people who were super happy we were visiting their town. And seeing a game at Fenway (they won!!!), after taking the tour of the park, was really a dream come true for both of us hardcore baseball fans. You are a lucky one @day_trippr.

Well I am very pleased indeed that you had what sounds like a wonderful visit. You certainly came while we were enjoying the best string of warm sunny days in memory. Sadly our Red Sox are blowing chunks this season ("Wait'll next year!" ;)) but our band box of a baseball stadium cares not - Friendly Fenway always looks awesome that instant you see all that green whether the team is on a roll or packing it in for the year...

Cheers! :mug:

Back