Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you gotta be faster...
278162502_10227754598751944_7404315284992085920_n.jpg

I'm a Westerner also. I remember Bob's Big Boy with the big plastic statues outside.

They had a wonderful double thick Chocolate shake served in a TALL stainless container.

we used to have a big boy right around the corner from us... their version of the big mac was my favorite. I kinda miss that place.

View attachment 765622

If, however, you see one of these:
View attachment 765623

Kill it with fire
Stomp on the ashes
And spray the crumbled remains with pyrethrin

Then maybe burn it again.

Unless you have a vegetable garden, trees or other plants you would rather the small worms..(technically caterpillars,,, lepidotera anyay). The wasps and yellow jackets do a number on a lot of garden/fruit pest insect species.

That said, I would not blame anyone for nuking a nest if it is near where you have to be...the yellow jackets are especially aggressive defending their nest,, to a fault actually,, some cases I never knew they were there until they came out to sting..

I used 2 tbl spns fake whiskey yeast to rise the dough and make this pizza?

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_212218.jpg
    IMG_20220410_212218.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 40
we have a local chain of taco restaurants, only 3 now, there used to be 5 and at least 3 of them had a car drive thru their front window.

now I got the jones for a Tippy's Taco

And now the first bbq of the year, 2 ~1.5 kg pieces of pork cart marinated for 3 days in homemade chili marinade ( made with homegrown trinidad scorpion and habanero x hot lemon and homebrewed beer ofc). Quickly seared over the coal and then put beside it to be done low and slow with some plum and maple smoke wood thrown on once in a while.

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_131116.jpg
    IMG_20220415_131116.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
Woke up to this today. At least an inch, another inch on the way, and it's 21F now with 35mph winds. Expected high of 35, when the "normal' high is well into the 50s. Oh well, we get this just about every year mid-late April. Par for the course.
View attachment 766138
Billings got 13” a couple of days ago and another inch or so overnight.
4D6104FA-59E5-4DEC-971A-6DA68275A03F.jpeg

We've been having random snowfalls in the lowlands here for the last couple of days...no accumulation but we NEVER have snow in April. Just last Monday it was 70°. Today's high is 45°.
Yeah I thought I left that behind when I moved from upstate NY back to the Seattle area. 🤬

Brew on :mug:

It is some sort of spring emergence time here, the multi-home owning class are arriving in their high end SUVs, emerging like so many well dressed pod people,,, but I digress.

Figure it is time to contribute a random picture;

My brew area in the height of the peaceful winter, have to admit though, I did not brew that day, ...

IMG_2463.JPG

the BigHair & my 17th anniversary today

we had a bobblehead wedding

full disclosure: it was a Renaissance -themed wedding, which is why I have the "pirate" shirt on. I also have classic b&w hightop Chuck Taylors. because that's what the best-dressed pirates wore in the 16th century

the BigHair is rocking pink high-heel Chucks

bobbleheads.jpg

11755_10201061960814911_1438991870_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wore B&W Chucks to my daughter’s wedding reception. I could have just as well worn them at the wedding. The photog was in the process of switching from film to digital (2002) and managed to delete the file which contained about 90% of the pics. At least he didn’t ask for payment.

the BigHair & my 17th anniversary today

we had a bobblehead wedding

full disclosure: it was a Renaissance -themed wedding, which is why I have the "pirate" shirt on. I also have classic b&w hightop Chuck Taylors. because that's what the best-dressed pirates wore in the 16th century

the BigHair is rocking pink high-heel Chucks
Congratulations rookie, we share the same anniversary. We've been at it for 39 years today though! Hope you and the "Big Hair" have a great day!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back