Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been in the pocket of my brewing pants for a few weeks now. Found it when we were cleaning out one of the rooms. It's the tag my older dog (crossed the bridge late last year) was wearing when we adopted her back in 2006. I think it brings me luck. Also makes me miss her like crazy.

20220417_090204[1].jpg

got a photo of the only submarine I ever chased as a Sonar Tech in the navy

although Wikipedia will tell you the Germans didn't deploy their Type 209 diesel/electrics, this is the German Navy & I was told to run range predictions for a "Type 209 d/e".

My Skipper, my Chief and my Sonar Supervisor all say "German Type 209 d/e". I don't argue with them, you shouldn't either

CG & a DD banged away with their hull-mounted active sonar, while the AW (Aviation ASW Operator, back in my day) & I easily tracked her on passive sonobuoys (when the screech of the Tyco's & TinCan's 53B's weren't washing out my entire display), then even MORE EASILY tracked her with active sonobuoys

then she surfaced, we rendered honors, went on our merry ways.

german 209.jpg

Last edited:
got a photo of the only submarine I ever chased as a Sonar Tech in the navy

although Wikipedia will tell you the Germans didn't deploy their Type 209 diesel/electrics, this is the German Navy & I was told to run range predictions for a "Type 209 d/e".

My Skipper, my Chief and my Sonar Supervisor all say "German Type 209 d/e". I don't argue with them, you shouldn't either

CG & a DD banged away with their hull-mounted active sonar, while the AW (Aviation ASW Operator, back in my day) & I easily tracked her on passive sonobuoys (when the screech of the Tyco's & TinCan's 53B's weren't washing out my entire display), then even MORE EASILY tracked her with active sonobuoys

then she surfaced, we rendered honors, went on our merry ways.

View attachment 767136
Where was this happening?

Where was this happening?
Baltic Sea, Summer 1992

our ship was part of a Show the Flag cruise in the Baltic, just after most of the Iron Curtain fell. we visited every country on the Baltic, including Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia & Poland. first US Navy warships to visit those countries in (at the time) over 60 years

GODS DANG, we had a blast.

Trying to discuss urinal etiquette with the wifey today, sent her this so she would understand.View attachment 767486
Went to a family gathering at a restaurant for a birthday dinner. Nephew of early grade school age goes to bathroom by himself and is gone for a while so brother in-law goes to check. Brother in-law finds him doing #4 with his shirt off. Never got the shirt off part until I seen the diagram.

If any of you need to have a trench dug or something, on this particular splat of terminal moraine, couple miles off the coast, let me know.

Otherwise transit costs prohibitive. {;

Bluebirds are so pretty.

I sponge off the car every day.

Every

Day

View attachment 767592
Same here! I have at least two pair and one visits my car daily to light on my rooftop antenna, attack my closed sunroof and attack my side mirrors, crapping all the way!
I have a local car wash that offers a monthly wash plan with unlimited washes. I’m going 3-4 times a week!

Back