Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The longer you look the worse it gets.View attachment 728667
Kind of reminds me of this gem from the inter webs.
17C37506-9A09-4B78-A73C-3FA3212ADBB8.jpeg

Over this past weekend I enjoyed an annual car show, I am as big of saab nerd as I am a brewer and converted my trunk into a kegerator (named the Saaberator at the show). Everyone that drank it had to sign their name on the board, still a work in progress but it did the job
20210516_182925.jpg
20210516_182934.jpg
. Cheers!

Would not want to have to explain all that to a PA trooper :D

Cheers!
Yeah I did not hook up the co2 until we got to the showfield (for safety reasons) but I figured it would help my argument if I happened to get pulled over. Obviously it was empty for the ride home :mug: so no issue at that point.

My favorite part of Fredrik Backman's book A Man Called Ove is the way Ove's character brings out the Saab / Volvo rivalry.
The rivalry definitely exists, Every year we compete with Volvo more then any of the other cars. It is an import national show at the Carlisle fairgrounds in PA that consist of a little bit of everything. Good fun. Saabs won this year by the way with 168 cars.:ban:

A typical day around the menagerie we call "home":
Canada geese with a half-dozen goslings spent the day in and around our pond, same day as an epic maple tree spinner fall. Chipmunks and squirrels are now encamped on the lawn chowing down...

geese.jpg

Meanwhile, this years' Eastern Phoebe nest was chock full of eggs - at least four, maybe five. Shot by an $8 ESP32-CAM board so quality is "meh" :)

phoebe_01.jpg

The proud mama. She's so pretty! :)

phoebe_02.jpg

Meanwhile on the North side of the house, we had two of four resident robin eggs hatch...

robbins.jpg

Yup. Just another day...

Cheers!

So I've been painted the deck railing on the lower level this week, a gawdawful task that is causing me a ton of knee pain right now. I started at the far end from the nest - a good 60' away - three days ago, but inevitably I was eventually going to be all up in the phoebe's space, and she acted like a mother bird about it all day today. I'd say she spent about half her normal day on the nest and the rest pissed off at me from nearby shrubbery. On the up side it was a lovely day that hit the low 80s so I doubt the eggs suffered.

Anyway, I asked if she'd mind me installing load sensors feeding a Nano, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't amused with the idea :D

Meanwhile...the geese baffled me by still being here! I expected they'd be heading up the hill by last evening but the damned things were feeding in the yard. Did note they're down one gosling. This area is rife with predators and the neighbor's chickens and ducks already bring them across our property. If those geese don't get moving they'll be whittled down to zip in short order...

Real Life (tm)

"The Power Of Blueberries Compels You! The Power Of Blueberries Compels You!"

(Cue "Tubular Bells" :D)

[edit] I actually had a blueberry filled pastry a couple of weeks ago - tried to "warm it up a little" in the microwave and turned the filling into lava which promptly stuck to the roof of my mouth and fried the lining right to heck. It was sloughing off before I managed to yak down that first bite. Feels like it's almost back now, just a couple of still tender patches.

Don't do that ;)

Last edited:
"The Power Of Blueberries Compels You! The Power Of Blueberries Compels You!"

(Cue "Tubular Bells" :D)

[edit] I actually had a blueberry filled pastry a couple of weeks ago - tried to "warm it up a little" in the microwave and turned the filling into lava which promptly stuck to the roof of my mouth and fried the lining right to heck. It was sloughing off before I managed to yak down that first bite. Feels like it's almost back now, just a couple of still tender patches.

Don't do that ;)

Did somebody say blueberries?...

The Exorcist.jpg

When the regional ice cream restaurant company I worked for sold the restaurants and shut down corporate HQ in Feb, they decided the easiest most timely course of action with all test kitchen freezers was to dump things. Hence my sad current situation of using my keezer as a <sniff> freezer (the horror) w a 10 lb bag of frozen blueberries and an embarrassingly large number of bags of chicken fingers, and other stuff. All samples from vendors wanting us to use them in the chain. As the temp of my hatch area approaches 70 where my kegs are, I am becoming introspective about chicken fingers vs cold beer. And working my way through blueberries. I know. TMI. Back to your regularly scheduled program now.
4F3D0397-B6A5-4DB6-BC35-77FC4DEC12B8.jpeg

Sorry it's a bit blurry

This poor "hopeful" mama hummingbird is working so hard to build her next but using an electrical cord cap wasn't the best idea.

Been working at it for over 2 weeks and no where near ready to hold eggs/babies...
Screenshot_20210520-172734.jpg

I love hummers - we are adjacent to a property that is festooned with fruit trees and the ruby throats nest over there. But we manage to pull them over for visits with our feeders, and by mid-June we usually have a male parked on a strategic location who spends the next two months zooming any female that dares to approach the feeders. Alway seemed counterproductive to me :)

In the Bahamas folks put small dishes of granulated sugar out for the hummers. Up here that would be "squirrel food" :D

Cheers!

This morning I was watering shrubs and this little guy came to investigate (been dry and warm here lately). I snagged a quick phone pic.

No. I don't see him in the photo either. But he's there.

1621612765596.png

wheat for bread? Have you LOST your MIND?

or forgotten what website you are posting to?

that's next year's weizenbier going in the ground

Wheat going in the ground today. Might be holding the filling of your Jimmie John’s sandwich next winter. Enjoy.View attachment 729190

Back