Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRONK.jpg

"Cicada Man is coming for you" :D

View attachment 727462

🖕 as i was getting ready to go to bed, i think "what's going on in the random stuf or thingy"....and i get a bug monster to think about! curse you! :mug:

i'm glad i like star trek and used to aliens with "fore-head of the week"!

Been off the forum for a bit, and haven't brewed any beer for a while, either. Staying busy fixing crashed airplanes. Just finished a survey on an Airbus A320 that had the nose gear collapse while being towed thru a turn. Pretty ugly, but I got an all expenses trip to Puerto Vallarta for a week.
IMG_20210426_123020887_HDR.jpg
View attachment 727676View attachment 727676

IMG_20210426_142131211.jpg

That is Frame 20 in the pic, a MAJOR structural bit, and it is totally wasted. It ties the aft end of the nose wheel well box into the floor structure, and further up, it forms the aft jamb of the forward entry door. I already have good news from engineering, they're going to let me cut out the damaged portion, and splice in a new section.

How do you know when you’re going fly on a plane that’s been “spliced”?

Actually, the clean bit in the pic (with the orange dot) is the top of a factory splice, tying the lower section of the frame to the upper part. I will be replacing the lower section of frame, the factory splice, and the damaged portion of the upper frame. Will be adding an engineered splice above the damaged area.

If the engineers bless it as airworthy, you'll never know.

And if they don't, that airplane won't fly.

Back