Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, a pre-pesto floor covering. Wall-to-wall-Basil.

1621715284999.png

wheat for bread? Have you LOST your MIND?

or forgotten what website you are posting to?

that's next year's weizenbier going in the ground
The amount of wheat that ends up in beer is a rounding error compared to barley. There are dozens of barley varieties which have been developed specifically for malting; there are exactly zero malting wheat varieties. It appears that maltsters use whatever is available locally to produce what little malted wheat is needed to meet the demand. I’m not under the illusion that any of our wheat ends up in beer.

Is that what they call whore frost? Got any whores up there?
The old timers used to talk about a guy who owned a bar in these parts, years ago, who tried to start a whorehouse. According to the story, he couldn’t convince any girls to live this far out in the weeds, so he ended up running the business by hand.

The old timers used to talk about a guy who owned a bar in these parts, years ago, who tried to start a whorehouse. According to the story, he couldn’t convince any girls to live this far out in the weeds, so he ended up running the business by hand.

Shouldacoulda posted that in the stupid joke thread.

Taters, in buckets, oh yeah; fitted with tree-rat protective coverings.

View attachment 730095

I used to grow potatoes in 25gal plastic pots, plants did well, but yeild was not the best. Then I read that container growing potatoes sometimes does not yeald as much because warm soil temps lead to less potatoes and more greenery. Wondering if you've had better results.

Im glad this only happens every 17 years, and I think my maple trees agree.
View attachment 730098View attachment 730099
In August 2019 was in Alabama doing a few repairs on the MIL house with a friend of mine from Oregon. There was a few cicadas screaming, nothing like peak cicadas seasons, he had no clue what the sound was, and as someone who grew up in south Georgia, I was very familiar with the sound, so i told him it was the Alabama tree snake, and he believed me since I kept warning him about the south's bugs and snakes..My MIL could not stop laughing.

I moved to AL from WA decades ago and experienced "that screaming in the trees" for the first time that year. I asked a neighbor what that racket was (Aliens?) and he said he didn't hear anything. I mimicked the sound and he started laughing hysterically, then said he'd heard that all his life an never thought it wasn't "normal everywhere"

funny now, but it was a borderline terrifying first hour of first aural contact

e warm soil temps lead to less potatoes and more greenery. Wondering if you've had better results.

It’s a hobby. Some years the squirrels won. Some years I get 1 family serving from 2 buckets. It’s fun and like brewing I’m not doing it to save money. Not that I’d mind, I just have no delusions about it. Ok, not many delusions.

so I finally start brewing again and a freaking mouse builds a freaking nest in my rolled up reflectrix in the garage. I go through it out, and discover it weren't a mouse. As Shepherd Book said, I'm going to a special Hell now, reserved for people who talk in the theater and destroy nests. This was in the nest.
1621973181912.png

View attachment 730073

Can't remember who posted it somewhere else, they get the credit for the picture.
I know I've been in some bar or brewery that's done this, but the pic isn't mine. I make it a point to not take any pics in the men's room. ;)
There’s a bar in Avon, CO where the men’s room is around the wall on the back side of the bar. It has an older style trough urinal the whole length of the wall. When you’re standing there getting rid of your beer, you are looking through a one-way mirror back into the bar. I’ve often wondered if the bartender has a switch to deactivate the mirror so all the bar patrons can see. :mischievous:

Back