Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backyard visitor a few minutes ago.
86FADEB7-1587-4DEF-ACD5-CC2DBDA4C397.jpeg

We have a couple of big groundhogs/woodchucks in our yard. I come from the midwest where we didn't have them, and this is the first home my wife and I have owned. Any issues with them damaging anything with burrowing? Pretty certain one or two live underneath my shed!

In 30+ years of constant presence, ours have never really caused much of an issue. They don't randomly burrow - they just have the one deep winter burrow way in the back of the property under a moldering pile of pine logs, and the rest of the year they live under our bottom/ground level deck. They do have a habit of eating the almost-ready-to-bloom buds off the Spousal Unit's plants - they really like day lily buds - but they can't get into the veggie garden which is what I care about...

Cheers!

Having lived in the PNW for a few years and enjoyed the fishing both on foot and on boats, I'm impressed those two lassies were able to drag those halibut up from the depths. Those beasts don't move easily :D

Cheers!

Ran across this image in my Gallery. 2015 the Bride and I went to Albuquerque to the Balloon Fiesta. Had planned to attend this year in October as well. Unfortunately another event cancelled for 2020 due to the Pandemic. 😷View attachment 693296
Wife and I did that about 10yrs ago. Was fun, but not sure I'd do the "festival" again. I don't know the area well enough, but ideally a camp spot up in one of the foothills. Imjust not really a festival/ large crowd kinda guy.

Back