Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20180331_134046.jpg

View attachment 572877

been a few months since I last tossed a couple butts into the smoker, and coming across this image in my photos folder reminds me I better get to it real soon. the perfect way to introduce a new brew to friends

think the potato in front is done, seem like the right ratio of meat to vegetables though:)

View attachment 573011
It's going to be awhile before they catch up.
My mom was actually pulled over once for avoiding potholes. Cop asked if she had been drinking, and she hadn't. When she explained she was just avoiding potholes (and had never left her lane) he wrote her a fix-it ticket for her suspension. She had to pay a mechanic to say the suspension was fine and the $15 fix-it fee.

My mom was actually pulled over once for avoiding potholes. Cop asked if she had been drinking, and she hadn't. When she explained she was just avoiding potholes (and had never left her lane) he wrote her a fix-it ticket for her suspension. She had to pay a mechanic to say the suspension was fine and the $15 fix-it fee.
Oh man, that is not event remotely funny. I'd be pissed.

A shipmate of mine was ticketed for 'excessive leaning' on a motorcycle. Not speeding, officer said it was reckless driving. Took it to court, presented charts and calculations to show that angle of lean is determined by speed and radius of curve. Judge dismissed case, told officer he'd have his badge if he ever saw anything like this again. Win! Don't try to win a physics argument with a Navy nuke.

I'd have taken that to court.
You have to be careful, the court costs can be more than the ticket.

I know that, I tried to fight a ticket where the cop claimed I didn't stop at a stop sign. I did. He couldn't see me. I also couldn't see oncoming traffic due to rows of dwarf trees. It requires you to pull out more to see the oncoming traffic.

I showed the court aerial photos in attempt to show the obstruction. The cops first line of sight from the trees puts him behind a hill so he couldn't see me on a dash cam.

He testified that I didn't stop, when he viewed the footage with his supervisor.

I wanted to see the footage. The judge overruled me.

After I rested, chose not to testify.

Then the judge ruled in favor of the city.

So... a $75 ticket cost me $600 in fines and court costs.

I helped vote out that effin judge in the next election.

Last edited:
IMG_3249.jpg

Since we're on cats... this little one somehow made it through a cement mixer to a truck to the paver and into my 5" slab. Needless to say it didn't make it.

Back