Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. It seemed silly to set it up the way they did.

That arrangement is particularly complicating at banks and medical offices. They have privacy policies to follow, that necessitate the dual height counters, but they do not overrule accessibility regulations.

Not sure what the ADAAG regulation is for this scenario. Might be compliant with fed regs. Local regs are generally more restrictive.

Having been out at the bars with someone in a wheelchair, "Because f--- you, that's why!"

After further thought, it was insensitive of me to say that people in wheel chairs should sit at a table.

By observation the bar set up was not conducive for people who are in wheels chairs. It was a bad attempt to meet an accommodation.

For what it's worth nobody was in a wheel chair at the bar. Just a few hot ladies leaning over the lower ledge attempting to get a drink with their butt sticking out there. In fact I don't think I've ever seen people in a wheel chair at a bar. I imagine its very hard to get around hence that's partly why. Not to mention there's very few bars with the proper set up.

After further thought, it was insensitive of me to say that people in wheel chairs should sit at a table.

By observation the bar set up was not conducive for people who are in wheels chairs. It was a bad attempt to meet an accommodation.

For what it's worth nobody was in a wheel chair at the bar. Just a few hot ladies leaning over the lower ledge attempting to get a drink with their butt sticking out there. In fact I don't think I've ever seen people in a wheel chair at a bar. I imagine its very hard to get around hence that's partly why. Not to mention there's very few bars with the proper set up.

I think it is more to do with code exceptions. Code makes an exception to compliant bars provided that accessible seating is provided in the same area and is provided the same level of services as are offered at the bar.

Hopefully this week you can spread your wings and fly!

ct2zcWx.gif

Q. Does A Bar That Serves Only Customers Seated On Stools Or Standing Have To Make The Bar Wheelchair Accessible?

A. Possibly. If the bar exceeds 34 inches in height, a 60-inch long protion of the counter must be lowered, where it is readily achievable, to between 28 and 34 inches from the floor to the top of the bar with knee space at least 27 inches high, 30 inches wide, and 19 inches deep, for customers who use wheelchairs. Another acceptable, inexpensive, and easy alternative is to provide accessible tables within the same service area.

Wednesday seems like a good day to celebrate friendships, don't you think?

tCdropu.jpg

Latest posts

Back