Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to drive by it going to work on a layover. The EVIL red eye was the creepiest part of it, especially when you knew the artist that created it died in the making!

Have you ever seen that creepy ass blue horse in person? My kids used to hate it when we went to the airport.

I first saw it on a business trip out there several years ago. I was in a taxi leaving the airport and I asked the driver WTF is that? Then I get to my hotel downtown, which is next to the Peeping Tom Bear thing.

I chalked it up to the altitude and all the weed people smoke there.

F Minus on February 25, 2022

Ah, so, a horror flick.

debatable

not gonna win any Oscars, it drags in parts & not one of the Foo Fighters can act worth a damn - there are only 2 "real" actors in the entire movie (well... one actor, one standup comedian turned actor) - but I laughed my ass off a lot & there's some decent gory death/dismemberment scenes (mostly practical fx, if there's CGI in there, it's not noticeable). maybe not worth the $ at the theater, but I'd recommend it as a Redbox rental

Last edited:
If you're a digital photographer and you've just realized your NAS died leaving your only copy of of your Loch Ness Monster photos on your PC and you turn on your PC and see that, well, then that's a horror flick.

Often, when my wife is having tech issues, just a laying on of hands by me fixes it. Drives her nuts. I tell her the technology knows she hates it.

Brew on :mug:
My wife is a retired elementary teacher who has never really come to terms with the digital age. When she was still teaching she came to loathe, hate, and despise computer technology. When she couldn’t get a program to run, or some similar problem, she would call the business teacher, who was the default IT person on the staff. The tech would come to her room, listen to the problem, and then say “I can fix it but you have to leave the room. These devices can sense your presence”.

When my wife retired, 10 years ago, she swore she would never touch another computer again. She kept her word until she had to upgrade her broken flip phone to a basic smartphone. The struggle continues…

My wife is a retired elementary teacher who has never really come to terms with the digital age. When she was still teaching she came to loathe, hate, and despise computer technology. When she couldn’t get a program to run, or some similar problem, she would call the business teacher, who was the default IT person on the staff. The tech would come to her room, listen to the problem, and then say “I can fix it but you have to leave the room. These devices can sense your presence”.

When my wife retired, 10 years ago, she swore she would never touch another computer again. She kept her word until she had to upgrade her broken flip phone to a basic smartphone. The struggle continues…
A very common story that I've hear dozens of times. I live it almost every day. I wonder what they'll do when I retire this June. Next man up I'm sure.

I'm not going to learn how to put up a pie graph to illustrate, but I've experienced similar ratios in mechanical repairs:

Maybe 75% easily diagnosed & fixed problems.

15% repairs that requires shop time & know how.

10%, the machine in question starts when I go to start it, even when not starting for others. I always attribute this to the machine knowing I'm ready to take it apart and have no fear of doing so.

Ditto for my wife. She still has a flip phone, with a $15/mo pay-as-you-go plan. Luckily, it's 4G, so the phone won't be bricked when 3G is shut down.

She does have a tablet and a decent laptop, so she's not a complete Luddite.

Back