Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fark99Pack.png

Next door neighbor called me over to see this, I think it's a Cooper Hawk(?), It was just sitting in their birdbath for half an hour. It didn't even flinch when I walked kind of close to it, about 15 feet away. After 30 minutes it just turned and flew away.

View attachment 758820
Im sure not too many other birds visited the bath ...

We get a Cooper's hawk in our neighborhood every summer. We can tell when it's close by, as the crows and bluejays will go bonkers.

Very fascinating watching the hawk hunt. It flies fast and level a few feet above the ground, pops up over a fence or shrub and grabs the unsuspecting bird, usually a grackle or robin. Pulls it to the ground, plucks the feathers and hauls it off to the nest somewhere.

We get a Cooper's hawk in our neighborhood every summer. We can tell when it's close by, as the crows and bluejays will go bonkers.

Very fascinating watching the hawk hunt. It flies fast and level a few feet above the ground, pops up over a fence or shrub and grabs the unsuspecting bird, usually a grackle or robin. Pulls it to the ground, plucks the feathers and hauls it off to the nest somewhere.
Those are the older wiser ones, the young ones chase the smaller birds and crash right into the bushes after them at great speed. It is amazing how fast they can turn and weave.

Next door neighbor called me over to see this, I think it's a Cooper Hawk(?), It was just sitting in their birdbath for half an hour. It didn't even flinch when I walked kind of close to it, about 15 feet away. After 30 minutes it just turned and flew away.

View attachment 758820
You can't rush taking a really big dump.

Back