Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Sailingeric

Beer. Now there's a temporary solution
Reaction score
MV5BZGJjZDI0NDktZWU5OC00NjdjLTllYjgtZTUzZmFlYzE4ZDY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQWpnYW1i._V1_.jpg

The Velvet Underground. I went to school with the drummer's (on the left) son and met her several times as she lived in my podunk south Georgia town (Douglas Ga) and I swear I saw her with Lou Reed in the local KMart when I was in high school (1992-93)

corkybstewart

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Pink Floyd
Frank Zappa
Deep Purple
Zeppelin
Uriah Heep
Paul McCartney
Springsteen
Sabbath
Tommy Bolin
Jethro Tull
Genesis (Peter Gabriel era)
EL&P
Yes
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Chicago
Doobie Bros
Eagles

I spent a lot of $$ on albums.
Wishbone Ash was one of my favorites back then. And I was a fan of the original Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green

MaxStout

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wishbone Ash was one of my favorites back then. And I was a fan of the original Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green
I grew up in a smallish midwestern city, so the big acts like Zep, Stones, Genesis, etc., didn't come there. But we could count on Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon, Head East, Kansas, just about every year. I recall Wishbone coming through on tour once, but I didn't go.

Bought Mac's "Bare Trees" lp, about the only early album of theirs I had at the time.

Anybody listen to "Beaker Street" late nights in the early '70s? It was on a clear channel station in Little Rock, you could pick it up in most of North America. The guy would play rock that you never heard on top 40 stations.

Damn, I feel old.

Reaction score
I grew up in a smallish midwestern city, so the big acts like Zep, Stones, Genesis, etc., didn't come there. But we could count on Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon, Head East, Kansas, just about every year.

Damn, I feel old.
Probably Styx too. In Chicago we used to consider REO and Styx (and Siegel Schwall) to be "warm up" acts. Got sick of them. I preferred Siegel Schwall because they were a blues band and did not always play the same set.

ps .. You ARE old. 😄

MaxStout

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Probably Styx too. In Chicago we used to consider REO and Styx (and Siegel Schwall) to be "warm up" acts. Got sick of them. I preferred Siegel Schwall because they were a blues band and did not always play the same set.

ps .. You ARE old. 😄
Yep, Styx was another perennial midwestern tour band. Saw them once or twice.
Rush played our area a few times before they hit it big with Moving Pictures.

corkybstewart

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in a smallish midwestern city, so the big acts like Zep, Stones, Genesis, etc., didn't come there. But we could count on Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon, Head East, Kansas, just about every year. I recall Wishbone coming through on tour once, but I didn't go.

Bought Mac's "Bare Trees" lp, about the only early album of theirs I had at the time.

Anybody listen to "Beaker Street" late nights in the early '70s? It was on a clear channel station in Little Rock, you could pick it up in most of North America. The guy would play rock that you never heard on top 40 stations.

Damn, I feel old.
We listened to it around midnight in Mobile Alabama, I first heard Neil Young's Harvest on Beaker Street

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
don't have ticket stubs, but I saw them on November 25, 1979, Tusk tour at the Capital Centre, Landover MD

yes... she looked dang good

grampamark

Icons clast. Inquire within.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In the mid-sixties, in N. Central Montana, we listened to KOMA out of Oklahoma City. Saturday nights in Harlem, MT were like American Graffitti, but without Wolfman Jack.

MaxStout

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
In the mid-sixties, in N. Central Montana, we listened to KOMA out of Oklahoma City. Saturday nights in Harlem, MT were like American Graffitti, but without Wolfman Jack.
That was another one we picked up. We had a local daytime station on 1520, but as soon as they signed off at sunset, that 50kW KOMA signal would blast in. Also listened to WLS Chicago. It was just Top-40, but some of the DJs were hilarious. WOW Omaha played a lot of oldies then, and was another go-to when the local stations got boring.

grampamark

Icons clast. Inquire within.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
That was another one we picked up. We had a local daytime station on 1520, but as soon as they signed off at sunset, that 50kW KOMA signal would blast in. Also listened to WLS Chicago. It was just Top-40, but some of the DJs were hilarious. WOW Omaha played a lot of oldies then, and was another go-to when the local stations got boring.
That’s not surprising. MN is almost due north of OKC.

One year, when I was in college, I lived in a second floor apartment in an older house on a hill in Havre, MT. There was a 1940s vintage console radio/phonograph in my living room. It took about 5 minutes for the vacuum tubes to warm up but, once on line, that thing could recieve radio signals from other galaxies. We listened to WLS, too, with the 3 or 4 times per hour commercials for “Mr. Norm’s Grand Spaulding Dodge”. Also KSTP.

Latest posts