Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me... from the 80s with my bad perm & my Uriah Heep concert Tshirt

325.jpg

No Wishbone Ash?

Most of these bands are from before I was born, but I own a lot of them as well. Good on ya for Uriah Heap, awesome stuff.

Pink Floyd
Frank Zappa
Deep Purple
Zeppelin
Uriah Heep
Paul McCartney
Springsteen
Sabbath
Tommy Bolin
Jethro Tull
Genesis (Peter Gabriel era)
EL&P
Yes
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Chicago
Doobie Bros
Eagles

I spent a lot of $$ on albums.
Wishbone Ash was one of my favorites back then. And I was a fan of the original Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green

Wishbone Ash was one of my favorites back then. And I was a fan of the original Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green

I grew up in a smallish midwestern city, so the big acts like Zep, Stones, Genesis, etc., didn't come there. But we could count on Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon, Head East, Kansas, just about every year. I recall Wishbone coming through on tour once, but I didn't go.

Bought Mac's "Bare Trees" lp, about the only early album of theirs I had at the time.

Anybody listen to "Beaker Street" late nights in the early '70s? It was on a clear channel station in Little Rock, you could pick it up in most of North America. The guy would play rock that you never heard on top 40 stations.

Damn, I feel old.

I grew up in a smallish midwestern city, so the big acts like Zep, Stones, Genesis, etc., didn't come there. But we could count on Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon, Head East, Kansas, just about every year.

Damn, I feel old.
Probably Styx too. In Chicago we used to consider REO and Styx (and Siegel Schwall) to be "warm up" acts. Got sick of them. I preferred Siegel Schwall because they were a blues band and did not always play the same set.

ps .. You ARE old. 😄

@D.B.Moody - did you play the Andrews Sisters on the Victrola?
No, but we have an actual, hand crank victrola. No Andrews Sisters records.

Here's a couple of photos from 1973.
Our 1964 Pontiac was replaced in june, and we had a 14 inch snow in December.
64 Pontiac.png

14%22 snow 12:73.png

Last edited:
Probably Styx too. In Chicago we used to consider REO and Styx (and Siegel Schwall) to be "warm up" acts. Got sick of them. I preferred Siegel Schwall because they were a blues band and did not always play the same set.

ps .. You ARE old. 😄

Yep, Styx was another perennial midwestern tour band. Saw them once or twice.
Rush played our area a few times before they hit it big with Moving Pictures.

I grew up in a smallish midwestern city, so the big acts like Zep, Stones, Genesis, etc., didn't come there. But we could count on Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon, Head East, Kansas, just about every year. I recall Wishbone coming through on tour once, but I didn't go.

Bought Mac's "Bare Trees" lp, about the only early album of theirs I had at the time.

Anybody listen to "Beaker Street" late nights in the early '70s? It was on a clear channel station in Little Rock, you could pick it up in most of North America. The guy would play rock that you never heard on top 40 stations.

Damn, I feel old.
We listened to it around midnight in Mobile Alabama, I first heard Neil Young's Harvest on Beaker Street

In the mid-sixties, in N. Central Montana, we listened to KOMA out of Oklahoma City. Saturday nights in Harlem, MT were like American Graffitti, but without Wolfman Jack.

In the mid-sixties, in N. Central Montana, we listened to KOMA out of Oklahoma City. Saturday nights in Harlem, MT were like American Graffitti, but without Wolfman Jack.

That was another one we picked up. We had a local daytime station on 1520, but as soon as they signed off at sunset, that 50kW KOMA signal would blast in. Also listened to WLS Chicago. It was just Top-40, but some of the DJs were hilarious. WOW Omaha played a lot of oldies then, and was another go-to when the local stations got boring.

That was another one we picked up. We had a local daytime station on 1520, but as soon as they signed off at sunset, that 50kW KOMA signal would blast in. Also listened to WLS Chicago. It was just Top-40, but some of the DJs were hilarious. WOW Omaha played a lot of oldies then, and was another go-to when the local stations got boring.
That’s not surprising. MN is almost due north of OKC.

One year, when I was in college, I lived in a second floor apartment in an older house on a hill in Havre, MT. There was a 1940s vintage console radio/phonograph in my living room. It took about 5 minutes for the vacuum tubes to warm up but, once on line, that thing could recieve radio signals from other galaxies. We listened to WLS, too, with the 3 or 4 times per hour commercials for “Mr. Norm’s Grand Spaulding Dodge”. Also KSTP.

Back