Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3DIBOQK.jpg

omg those were choice.
How do you find this stuff?!
Clearly I need to spend more time on the interwebz.
If you want a good laugh go to the UK Amazon site and read the reviews of Veet hair removal cream. Here's a sample...

"After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly Rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly successful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits.
Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit if a treat.
I ordered it well in advance and working in the North Sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...Oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was.
I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn't have long to wait.
At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head.
Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the the destruction of the meat and two veg.
Struggling not to bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel off in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair. Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen, by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief.
I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, toe the lid off and positioned it under me.
The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing returned...."

It goes on from there.
There are dozens if not hundreds more, each trying to outdo the other. Hilarious.

If you want a good laugh go to the UK Amazon site and read the reviews of Veet hair removal cream. Here's a sample...

"After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly Rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly successful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits.
Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit if a treat.
I ordered it well in advance and working in the North Sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...Oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was.
I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn't have long to wait.
At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head.
Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the the destruction of the meat and two veg.
Struggling not to bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel off in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair. Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen, by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief.
I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, toe the lid off and positioned it under me.
The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing returned...."

It goes on from there.
There are dozens if not hundreds more, each trying to outdo the other. Hilarious.

Yeah I can’t top that. Thanks for reposting. Best laugh I’ve had today!!

IMG_5881.JPG

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/...r-old-resident-miguel-rodriguez-arrested.html

The short of it....

"The child, a student at Hampden Charter School of Science in Chicopee, had gotten off the school bus at about 1:30 p.m. and was walking home when a stranger grabbed her near the intersection of Amherst and Princeton streets and forced her into his car, Procopio said."

So yeah, there's some concerns for our kids to walk 25ft after getting off a school bus.
I’m not insensitive or unaware of the problem, one cannot get near a school without sitting in traffic during drop off and pick up times. I do see some parents meeting their kids at a bus stop as should the parents that bribe the driver to stop in front of their home that happens to be along the way. Again these were not little kids. Maybe self defense could be taught in gym class instead of some of the other less useful things.

I’m not insensitive or unaware of the problem, one cannot get near a school without sitting in traffic during drop off and pick up times. I do see some parents meeting their kids at a bus stop as should the parents that bribe the driver to stop in front of their home that happens to be along the way. Again these were not little kids. Maybe self defense could be taught in gym class instead of some of the other less useful things.
I was thinking hand held horns and mace. 99.9999% of the kids are fine but we should shoot for 100%. More then anything, your post came out right at the same time that article did.

My wife doesn't understand why I go out to watch our 11yr granddaughter get off the bus at the circle. Only takes once to regret NOT doing it.

Back