Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like when people call me and tell me to stop calling them.

I recently got a voice mail from a company doing a pitch to sell their technology for being able to send spam directly into peoples voicemail boxes. If your phone rings once then you get a voicemail they are the guys that enable it.
I once had a friend who spoke to telemarketers like he went batshït crazy. He told me of two of his favorite instances.

One he pretends he wants to commit suicide. Which he only did if it was a female voice on the other end.

The other he admits he that hit just killed his wife. He answers the call saying he didn't mean to kill her, but she refused to go get him more beer and cigarettes.

I don't how long he would draw out that shirade. I wouldn't have the composure to keep it going.

Anyhow its a good way to avert whatever marketing request that have to tell you about.

the BigHair's goto is "can't talk now, got a baby in the oven" and hang up

mine is "I did what you said, now there's blood everywhere. you didn't say anything about the blood!" and hang up mid-scream

the dog cringes when the phone rings

I once had a friend who spoke to telemarketers like he went batshït crazy. He told me of two of his favorite instances.

One he pretends he wants to commit suicide. Which he only did if it was a female voice on the other end.

The other he admits he that hit just killed his wife. He answers the call saying he didn't mean to kill her, but she refused to go get him more beer and cigarettes.

I don't how long he would draw out that shirade. I wouldn't have the composure to keep it going.

Anyhow its a good way to avert whatever marketing request that have to tell you about.

My mother had an entirely different trick that was surprisingly effective at stopping them dead in their tracks. She always answered the phone, in her most proper and formal voice, "Good morning/afternoon, 'Mary' speaking, how may I help you?" Anybody who knew her of course recognized her. People she wouldn't want to talk to were dumbstruck because they figured they'd reached a business instead of a residence and didn't know what to do next but hang up. Of course nowadays the robots wouldn't be fazed.

It's a hot real estate market in Florida.

2BUUWTDQ55B2XOHVLACR6BGWTI.jpg

Shiat's on fire, yo.

FLORIDA MAN!
(also, I just cynically could not believe that was real, but OMG, Zillow really truly has it listed with the photo shown, house-on-fire)

Ok this is just weird. I guess some people are into really strange stuff and are open about it.

The really weird thing is the look on their faces. Who looks that pissed while taking a bath. You know that chick has some bodies under the house

The really weird thing is the look on their faces. Who looks that pissed while taking a bath. You know that chick has some bodies under the house

Good point! I wonder if she’s running out of space to put them?
I wonder if anyone here has gone to the web address listed on the flyer? I’m afraid I would be more scarred than I already am.

She looks like a ghost. To me this is one of those haunted photos where she wasn't there when the photo was taken but appears in the developed photo.

The bathroom, which looks like it could serve as a set for the movie Saw, only adds to this

While someone is taking your photo?

These people are taking a bath in some 1920’s nightgown wearing lady’s milk, presumably they knew what they were getting into.

I’m assuming its not “her” milk...unless she can produce soymilk on command...in which case I’m on the first Musk ship to Mars.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/the-story-behind-creepy-as-hell-milk-bath-flyers/

From the NY Post:

So what the hell is it? Is there really a granny standing by with a gallon of the good stuff?

In truth, the fliers are an elaborate prank done by artist and comedian Alan Wagner. And the 26-year-old is shocked at how much traction it’s gotten.

“They have been up for a week and the site [has] half-a-million hits already which is way more than we anticipated,” Wagner tells The Post. The Michigan native — whose day job is directing and editing at a video conglomerate — staged the disturbing scene inside his Los Angeles garage with the help of his college pal, Sydney Marquez.

“I really like the image I came up with. This old woman bathing men, and it’s ambiguous what anyone is getting out of it. Nobody seems to be enjoying it, [and] yet they are partaking in it.”

Wagner came up with the bizarre idea when a beverage company asked him to create a meme that would make their drink go viral. He offered up a version of this, but it was rejected because it was too quirky.

So he decided to do it himself.

‘I can’t tell if people are expecting milk or they are reflecting my deadpan humor.’
Surprisingly, fabricating an entire bathroom and hiring actors only cost Wagner about $300. He and Marquez bought the tub from Home Depot, cleaned it after the shoot and returned it when they were done. Friends volunteered to star in the milky nightmare; a few extra models were recruited online and paid $20 each. (One thespian arrived in a sleek suit, unaware he had signed up to sit in a dirty tub of diluted leche. “You could tell how uncomfortable he was in the photo.”)

Though Wagner meant it as a joke, interest in his milk baths has been strong.

“I’ve been getting hundreds of message,” he says. “I can’t tell if people are expecting milk or they are reflecting my deadpan humor.”

He tells inquirers that the old woman doesn’t have technology, and asks them to mail her a physical letter explaining why they are a “top candidate.” The address he provides them with? That belongs to an unsuspecting friend of his. “I can only hope he is inundated with letters soon. He has no clue,” he says.

The bizarre prank is, perhaps, the grandest project Wagner has worked on, but he’s been making fliers and comedic videos for the last year to indulge his creative side.

The USC film school grad hopes to someday support himself with his twisted art.

Back