Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran to drugstore after work today and picked up some Salonpas cream with lidocaine. Stopped the muscle spasms dead in their tracks, just a bit achy now. I've got brewery things to do so no hitting the 'special' vape tonight; later might have a delicious pineapple gummy edible and let it help me sleep. Or lie there pondering life's mysteries, which is what happened the last time I ate one and tried to take a nap. Also need to remember that I ate it; last time the effects didn't hit until 90 minutes later, after I had completely forgotten that I ate one. As in, dum de dum de dum, let's clean the kitchen; then BAM I'm staring at the sink wondering what I'm doing there. Yah, I'm fun to be around when I've indulged.

Also need to remember that I ate it; last time the effects didn't hit until 90 minutes later, after I had completely forgotten that I ate one. As in, dum de dum de dum, let's clean the kitchen; then BAM I'm staring at the sink wondering what I'm doing there. Yah, I'm fun to be around when I've indulged.
LOL, been there done that, except it was the laundry. :mug:

Did anyone else get the email from Yakima Valley Hops today about their new product Hop Tub™ ??? Best April Fool's email I've ever seen, go look. Only 31 trillion and some change! Of course they're sold out.

Did anyone else get the email from Yakima Valley Hops today about their new product Hop Tub™ ??? Best April Fool's email I've ever seen, go look. Only 31 trillion and some change! Of course they're sold out.
I threw it in the stupid joke thread

If you listen to Kenny Loggins I'm Alright (caddyshack) after a satisfying brew day, I swear the lyrics are completely different.....

Amylase!
Nobody worry 'bout me
Why you got to gimme a fight?
Can't you just let it be?

If one slowly bores oneself to death, is that self destructive? Had this thought when picking same old riffs on guitar and drinking my beer. At least the beer is good.

On a cheerier moment in time...
First steak on the barbecue of 2023 today and no pun intended but holy cow that was effin' wonderful!

That is all...

Cheers! ("Go on about your business" ;))

Keeping on with the meat rubbing theme, I recently learned that if you apply your rub of choice to your meat, then rub it really hard against a marble (or granite, I'm cheap) board, it really gets in there and does the job.

Reinheitsgebot, known as The German Beer Purity Law, not only specified what beer was made of, but how much it could be sold for
so, today is the last day you can buy a kopf of beer for only one pfennig Munich.

"From Michaeli (29th of September) through Georgi (23rd of April), the price for one Mass [Bavarian Liter 1,069] or one Kopf [bowl-shaped container for fluids, not quite one Mass], is not to exceed one Pfennig Munich value, and, ... Furthermore, we wish to emphasize that in future in all cities, markets and in the country, the only ingredients used for the brewing of beer must be Barley, Hops and Water. Whosoever knowingly disregards or transgresses upon this ordinance, shall be punished by the Court authorities' confiscating such barrels of beer, without fail."

learned a new word

debated whether to say anything about it

1682688980291.png

Last edited:
I'm not druk (yet, the night is young) but I have GOT to tell all you guys and gals my latest news. A few nights ago I was bored, and was going through the Must See Youtube Clips thread. Found the old ad for the Squatty Potty. Forgot how hilarious it is. First time I saw it I 'pooh-poohed' it (pun intended) as a gimmick. I have been having 'issues' with going for a while now (too much beer yeast, perhaps?), maybe age, maybe my diet, dunno. Let's just say that everything wasn't getting 'eliminated', and causing some painful itchy/owie issues (I'm a mom, yes I have hemorrhoids, they suck). So I saw this video. Next day at work it was time to visit the throne, and on a whim I put my feet up on the tiny trash can in the stall. Friends, I haven't felt so EMPTY in years. Only thing I had at home that would work is a milk crate, which did the 'job' just as well. Husband was not amused to have a milk crate in the bathroom, so I just ordered a knockoff squatty potty on allmamoneyzgone. Gimmick or not, the damn thing works.

lol. yea, 'squatting' works... just go camping/hunting w/o some kind of potty! My daughter bought one of those stools... she loves it.

For years I listened to Howard during drive time extolling the virtues of his alleged "squatty potty" but up to a minute ago had no idea what one actually looked like...

Getting a CT scan, the tech tells me: "Lie down arms above your head, the machine will provide instructions"

Me: "The machine will talk to me? "

Tech "Yes. But it won't answer questions"

I like this lady. The machine too; I can trust it won't fold under questioning

Had a nicely tuned buzz going while bathed by multiple screens in my office/dungeon of ill repute, when I tuned the teevee to ESPN to see "belt sander drag racing".

Now wondering if I'm still here...or somewhere else :eek:

[edit] It gets sketchier: ESPNews is now showing the "Franklin Rock River Stone Skipping Tournament"...

Last edited:
"you know it's late at night when you turn on ESPN & two white dudes are boxing"

wish I could properly attribute. Eddie Murphy? Steven Wright?

Rant rant rant grrrrr rant. Ordered my new fermzilla last Sunday; fedex said it would be here yesterday. It's not. Now supposed to arrive today, too late to brew as I promised my mother I would go mow her lawn, since my sister and BIL are in Europe. Yes I work in the freight industry, and know that sh*t can go sideways; truck breaks down, package gets placed in the wrong area in the warehouse, drivers call out sick. Still slightly cheesed off. Also don't appreciate the logical part of my brain telling me that the delay would be a great opportunity to clean up the brewery/garage. Rant over.

Back