Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I have a good experience with a company's customer service operator, I like to tell the operator he or she should get a raise, & tell the boss I said so.

it gets a giggle, & hopefully is recorded for training & quality assurance purposes

I've never gotten that, which is probably why I hate working in customer service

doesn't help that I hate people. I'm a misanthrope cursed with this career.
When I left active duty Marine infantry, I got into retail while going to college. Not too dissimilar. Not too longer after that, I got into the reserves. A totally Yin and Yang experience there. You know, killing people that probably didn't deserve it vs not being able to kill those who might deserve it.

ale not kale.jpg

My brain likes to do this thing where it wakes up just before I do in the morning. This morning it feeds me the following gedankenexperiment:

Are homebrewers like painters, whereby we start with paint-by-numbers and if we stick with it, we can achieve Bob Ross level work? The cherished few with the imagination, skill and stick-to-it-tiveness can gain otherworldliness of Monet level brewing?

And where does leave those who go for the Jackson Pollocks?

such a great show, really top-notch from start to finish. something you can't say about all series with 6 seasons (**cough**LOST**cough, cough**)

and some of the greatest characters ever to grace the small screen...

top of that list, the dim-witted Dewey effin Crowe (full disclosure: I am currently re-watching the show & my favorite characters change nearly every episode. finishing up season 5 & right now in the lead is Deputy US Marshall Tim Gutterson, with the aforementioned Mr Crowe currently in 2nd)

"these are the End Times for Dewey Crowe!"

Dude's job is to blow up balloons & he's incompetent

Us: we'll wait for them
Him: did you want us to call when they're ready?
Him: did you want to pick them up at a certain time?
Us: ...

Dude's job is to blow up balloons & he's incompetent

Him: did you want us to call when they're ready?
Him: did you want to pick them up at a certain time?
Us: ...

you need to redo that with a helium tone.....then it'd be funnier....

maybe rewording would help:

"imagine a door to a room as a mechanism; with the door being open, would the mechanism be considered 'on' or 'off'? would a door be turned off, if it was open or closed?"

I think of doors as like switches in an electrical circuit: a closed circuit (door) being 'ON', and an open circuit (door) is 'OFF'

1676725831079.png

Curious. As an electrical engineer I consider halls and rooms as circuitry, and doors as gates, with an open door allowing flow, hence "on"...

Cheers!
Curious
As a Physicist, I consider
Never mind.

You'd have to start with a symmetrically spherical door, at the Big Bang, so I could derive things.

(old Physics joke, everything has to start spherically)

Curious
As a Physicist, I consider
Never mind.

You'd have to start with a symmetrically spherical door, at the Big Bang, so I could derive things.

(old Physics joke, everything has to start spherically)
Reminds me of the dairy farmer who hired a physicist to help him improve the yield from his herd. After a couple of weeks, the farmer asked the physicist if he had figured out any productivity improvement ideas. The physicist said yes, and then continued: "Assume a spherical cow ..."

Brew on :mug:

Reminds me of the dairy farmer who hired a physicist to help him improve the yield from his herd. After a couple of weeks, the farmer asked the physicist if he had figured out any productivity improvement ideas. The physicist said yes, and then continued: "Assume a spherical cow ..."

Exactly the joke we always tell when describing a Physicist's approach to every problem.

Altho the grad thermodynamics class's beer cooling problem, by shape of beer volume, rectilinear, cylindrical and spherical approaches, was surprisingly prescient in my case. But I've yet to find a perfectly spherical keg....

My brain likes to do this thing where it wakes up just before I do in the morning. This morning it feeds me the following gedankenexperiment:

Are homebrewers like painters, whereby we start with paint-by-numbers and if we stick with it, we can achieve Bob Ross level work? The cherished few with the imagination, skill and stick-to-it-tiveness can gain otherworldliness of Monet level brewing?

And where does leave those who go for the Jackson Pollocks?
What would a Picasso beer even taste like? Not sure I want to know...
1677615451678.png

Who puts a speed bump across a 35 mph speed limit road? And doesn't even put up proper warning signs?

On 124th Ave SE between SE 192nd St and SE 208th St, Kent, WA.

With the advent of these AI-driven "chatbots" I can see a business model creating "Eternal Entities", able to respond to emails and social network postings, for folks who don't plan on letting go in the end :)

Back