Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever get to the point where you ask, "what's the effin point?"

been a long couple of weeks.

Being the perceived as the "competent, reliable person" has its downsides,,, not worth it at all, the way I'm seeing it, 'cause others feel like they are doing the right thing shifting the burden on to you.

Being the perceived as the "competent, reliable person" has its downsides,,,

100_0343.JPG

after a day for two weeks, that's why i'd just say i've allready been drinking...i'm not the problem, and my boss gave me this....

the TalkBeer account that hasn't Tweeted since Apr 23, 2019?
Nah TalkBeer the website which was bought in 2018 then merged into this website last week. But yes that Twitter account was also conveyed to the buying party of TalkBeer and they did as much with that account as they did with the site.

if you gotta fool yourself by making your not-meat as close to meat as possible in order for it to be edible, then just eat the ****ing meat already

random thankful thoughts

thankful for:
my wife, my dog and my house
the time I had with my mom & my dad
my sister and her husband
my brother and his wife
my niece, her husband & kids
all my aunts, uncles and cousins
all you wonderful idiots who help me make better beer
and all I call my friends

most thankful for those who stand guard around the world so all those I am thankful for may sleep safe

hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving.

but only the Americans. the rest of you just go about your business

1669296198656.png

Last edited:
It's 7:29, ...do you know where your mind is? ... Darn, I have to keep updating the time, as it is taking an inordinate amount of time to write this...;

Plus the HBT server giving me isht when I try to log in.. full on captsht thing, with pictures of streetlights and the like.... effin eh, where did I go wrong...

Let me rephrase that; wonder which time I went wrong sealed my fate. Or was it a cumulative thing?

Ever get to the point where you ask, "what's the effin point?"

been a long couple of weeks.

Being the perceived as the "competent, reliable person" has its downsides,,, not worth it at all, the way I'm seeing it, 'cause others feel like they are doing the right thing shifting the burden on to you.
And then when promotions come up, they say they can't afford to promote you because you're "too valuable where you are"...

Why does my wife get jealous when I visit the local bar and flirt with the waitress? The bar is in our back yard and she brings us the beers...

Kids usually visit and do the Xmas decorating but cannot be here until the actual day this year. That leaves it to me to decorate. Funny though, it still took pretty much the same amount of time.

About 5 pints.

My sister lives at the address of this house, but doesn't live in this house.

Which is great when you're visiting them at this address for the very first time, in the dark & no one on the entire block has visible house numbers.

Me: your actual house looks NOTHING like the picture on Google maps!

Sis: yeah, we tore that one down

I need a drink

20221211_081040.jpg

Comcast calls & says our account is eligible for a discounted rate!

I'm just a little skeptical

we have Xfinity, not Comcast

It's Tuesday evening, I'm somewhat, but not enough, drunk. It is 27 degrees Celsius out, I'm hot, sticky and the utility company is cutting our power every six to eight hours for two hours because they can't keep their plants running. An upside is that I'm on leave and don't have to deal with work issues until next year, although I still get their generator on/off alerts. I'm pee'd off with the inability to keep the lights on, that it is hot and that there are absolutely no good dramas on TV for the last two years. I ignore politics as paying attention might make my homebrew stock last way shorter than it should.

Cheers *raises homebrewed beer glass*

Out of curiosity, what shows (pre-2020) do you consider good?
Crime stuff mainly and some SF. From US TV, CSI, CSI New York which ended long before 2020, NCIS and NCIS New Orleans. NCIS held on to the style for the longest, but faded somewhat since the lockdown. Leverage (new one seems a little flat). Been getting back into the old stuff recently, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield and Las Vegas (the James Caan one). Watche the first couple of seasons of Star Trek Discovery and lost interest at some point, same with third season of For All Mankind.

Brit TV holds a bit more recently, but mostly continuations of existing series, Midsomer Murders, The Loch, Shetland etc.

Can't stand the proliferation of shows like FBI, Chicago *.*, absolutely anything with superheroes and anything filmed with an over saturated or faked darkness look.

/RANT OFF

Well, we agree on the superhero stuff. Don't know anything about NCIS other than it took a great character off The West Wing. All the rest, I'm familiar with most the names.

One of my pandemic binges was the entire series of NYPD Blue. Good stuff, still holds up.

"should we walk? or do we have time to take a cab?"

why does it seem walking uptown in Manhattan, NYC is harder than walking downtown?

the island is fairly level isn't it?

is it a psychological thing, where the fact the street numbers get higher going uptown makes it FEEL like you're walking up hill?

In a very strange twist of fate, the original plans for my new grain mill stand have now reduced in price from $70+ to about $12, thanks to a free end table from work, two furniture dollies I already have, two four-foot 2x4s that I'll buy tomorrow, and cleaning off my rarely-used table saw (aka the surface where a lot of random tools/brewery stuff winds up). Unless you count the $55 used Dewalt 20v 1/2" cordless drill I picked up at the pawn shop yesterday, but that doesn't count because it can be used for other things, since it won't be permanently attached to the stand. Gonna produce some sawdust tomorrow night. Scuse me while I go drink another advent calendar beer and gloat over my genius (that is unless things go sideways, which I hope they won't).

Back