Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also enjoy my leather loafers without socks, but only on weekends or vacation. I thought that was just my weirdness, glad to know I'm not alone. Also, I'm only 6'4" but my feet hafta stick out, and I can't sleep without a fan. In fact, my beloved sleep fan, a Lasko 18" cyclone, finally gave up the ghost yesterday after 7 years of nightly service, so I went out and bought the same model again today only this time in black. A single night without it was nearly unbearable, a white noise generator app on my phone was a very sad substitute so I barely slept at all. I had forgotten how powerful and loud it was on low speed when it was new, I'm going to sleep like a log tonight!

I thought that was just my weirdness, glsd to know I'm not alone.

wait a second, why am i feeling weird for cliping my toe nails on kegs. and other people are saying they DON't feel weird?

Also, I'm only 6'4" but my feet hafta stick out,

now i feel short and weird, i'm only 6'2"....

I generally brew bare foot, but with the advantage of being indoors.
And having accumulated a few learning near-miss experiences am pretty comfortable about it.
The one thing that bugs me is getting sticky. But I have the brew sink and a mountain of retired kitchen towels to throw at that...

Cheers!

wait a second, why am i feeling weird for cliping my toe nails on kegs. and other people are saying they DON't feel weird?

now i feel short and weird, i'm only 6'2"....
Truth be told, I'm only 6'4" with a brisk tailwind and helium in my hat. 20 years spent leaning over a drawing board has me at 6'2" full hunch and wondering why I bothered finding a profession in the first place. If I had it to do over I'd have made a career in the armed forces. Almost enlisted as a technical illustrator way back when, but the guys I would have replaced decided to re-enlist which might have left me working as a garbage man. No thanks.

the most dreaded day in my year: the day it gets too cold & I have to put on socks

had a pretty cold snap last week, the day we got back from Jamaica, & almost wore them, but I am NOT putting on socks the day after we get back from the Caribbean.

today is probably the day. dreading it.

Sadly sober thoughts: (probably should not be a new thread)

Here we go with another dreary Monday morning, cold drizzle, cold work boots, at least I have flannel lined jeans. Crew in soon, better warm up the diesels.

*!%@&*#! Carpeted stairs. I’m done with them forever. They are dead to me.
A4A3F02E-4580-4C81-8654-B6D525317FD4.jpeg

I was just driving my daughter to the skate shop in STL, when all not a sudden I caught a massive whiff of mash. I said, “You smell that? Somebody’s making beer!” No sooner did I say that than the big signs appeared for Anheuser-Busch. I’m like.. “Oh”. LOL. It was the first time I’ve driven down 55 since I became a brewer, and my nose found the brewery before I realized I was passing it. 🤣

I grew up in South St. Louis County.... I have LOVED the smell on that drive into downtown... one of my earliest memories. The smell of beer (in the works) affected me at such an early age. Now that I think about it... I guess that explains a LOT !

And that's on top of Sean Connery's passing.

my god, this how i find out? :( i came here to find something funny to say! now all i can think of are women's names in james bond movies!)

edit: which one was it, "named after your father perhaps?".....was that moore(SP?, lol) or connery(the great!)?

reminds me of when I first was transferred to Charleston, SC.

my friend from HS was stationed there & I phoned him to give him a heads up I was coming, get directions & find out more about the city

"when you're coming in Interstate 26, you'll SMELL Charleston before you see it"

he was right... OMG! the paper mill SMELL.

I grew up in South St. Louis County.... I have LOVED the smell on that drive into downtown... one of my earliest memories. The smell of beer (in the works) affected me at such an early age. Now that I think about it... I guess that explains a LOT !

As the old timers in northern new england would say when winter time weather inversions would trap the noxious pulp mill emissions at ground level:
"That's the smell of money"...

Sometimes the plastic liner piece gets stuck inside my kitchen trash can, because I have teenage heathens who prefer trash compression to taking trash out, so I have to pry the liner out of the can with a screwdriver.

Today I wasn’t having it, so I put the whole damn thing in a lawn bag and threw it in the bin outside, trash can and all.

The random thought occurred to me that I couldn’t get a trash bag out of a trash can, so I put it in a bigger trash bag, and put that in a bigger trash can. Problem solving via nesting. 😆

Last edited:
I just had a thought:
Since COVID has taken Thanksgiving from us and we all have to hide at home, I say I’m not bound by the rule that says you shouldn’t put up your Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. **** 2020 I’m gonna light up early! 😁

I just had a thought:
Since COVID has taken Thanksgiving from us and we all have to hide at home, I say I’m not bound by the rule that says you shouldn’t put up your Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. **** 2020 I’m gonna light up early! 😁
Go for it. We all need to do whatever helps us cope.

Brew on :mug:

Leaning on the deck rail, watching the wildlife menagerie that surrounds up (two deer pounding through the length of the property and out of sight, trailed a half minute later by a trotting coyote. Just another day here)...this came to me:

Squirrels are the original maltsters...

Cheers!

I just had a thought:
We can't even set up our beloved 12' Christmas tree this year. We adopted a cute and tiny kitten on July 4th and already he's a rather large 16 pounds of muscle & mischief. We have too many sentimental ornaments to risk it so this year we'll go treeless :(

On the bright side, we are now the proud, if unwitting, owners of a genuine apex predator....well, at least as far as belly rubs and lunchmeat go anyway. #catdaddy

We can't even set up our beloved 12' Christmas tree this year. We adopted a cute and tiny kitten on July 4th and already he's a rather large 16 pounds of muscle & mischief. We have too many sentimental ornaments to risk it so this year we'll go treeless :(

On the bright side, we are now the proud, if unwitting, owners of a genuine apex predator....well, at least as far as belly rubs and lunchmeat go anyway. #catdaddy
Maybe just get a bunch of cheap, unbreakable ornaments, and save the heirlooms for when the kitty calms down.

Brew on :mug:

[...]We adopted a cute and tiny kitten on July 4th and already he's a rather large 16 pounds of muscle & mischief.[...]

Hahaha! bt/dt - and the cat ("Big Kitty" - which is no lie, he was effin' huge) eventually struck out on his own...successfully from all reports...

Cheers! (and good luck with that ;))

well after the last few posts not sure if this off topic...

but anyway was just thinking how good those two potatoes i got off the job site were. grown in compost that was made from all the mesquite trimmings and sewer water.....wish i snagged a few more, never would of thought human waste, and mesquite would grow such a good potato!

i half feel binded to the locals now! lol :mug: (kinda weird connection i know!)

Back