Ranco related question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onescalerguy

Reaction score
I've got a Ranco controller hooked up to my keezer and have the freezer thermostat set all the way cold as is recommended by my HBT advisors...all good.
Now i'm near ready to switch over to the "True" brand keg dispenser and want to know where to set the thermostat on that device,as i'm gonna run that through the Ranco for(hopefully)better temp control and economy(as in electric bill).So do i set the cooler's theremostat all the way cold or all the way warm or somewhere in between?Also do i need to set the Ranco up different?Many thanks for any helpful info.
Cheers:mug:

I would only use the ranco if you are unsatisfied w/ the performance of the True unit.

In theory, you shouldn't need the ranco on your True kegerator. I would use it as is and see what kind of temp contol it is capable of w/out the ranco. I realize this is probably not what you want to hear...sorry bout that.

If you want to run the ranco for possibly better temp control???, I would set the True to max cold and use the ranco. I would just be careful and not set the temp. variance on the ranco too tight, and cycling the unit too often.

I can't foresee the ranco running the unit any more efficiently, unless you are actually running the unit warmer???

Mike

Latest posts

Back