Ranch with Wings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingchr1

Reaction score
Since when did it become acceptable to serve wings with ranch? The expectation is that wings come with blue cheese and celery, nothing else. Don't offer me ranch and certainly don't bring my wings with ranch.

Ranch is a bona fide condiment. It ranks right there with ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce and hot sauce. I'd also like to add at this time, currently, honey mustard.

Ranch all the way. It is typically a little thinner than blue cheese so it coats the wing better. The new trend should be to replace the celery stix with mozzarella stix.

Definitely bleu cheese over ranch for wings. I love ranch as much as the next person, but it has no business on my hot wings. I do agree with the one who suggested replacing the celery with mozzarella sticks. Good call!!

I don't use either on my wings. I use blue cheese for celery with my wings, SWMBO dips her wings in blue cheese.

In my neck of the woods sour cream is the standard. But I'm a blue cheese man through and through...don't even bother bringing ranch or sour cream.

I live in Buffalo, NY. We invented wings. If you're using ranch you're doing it wrong!

Celery its required. Carrots are optional. If your wings aren't hot enough to make your lips numb, just switch to chicken fingers so you don't make the chicken wing Gods angry. You're not worthy.:)

This.

The rest of America can f*ck off when it comes to wings because this is the only way they can truly be called "buffalo wings". Accept no substitutes. I mean seriously, anyone with half a brain knows that Pizza Hut isn't real pizza, Subway isn't a real sub sandwich, and for f*cks sake, Olive Garden isn't even CLOSE to real Italian food.

Holy crap, now I'm ranting. Time for my medicine. A pint and a shot of Beam!

Look, Buffalo wings are damn rip off anyway. You may as well get whatever condiments you want so at least you got something. Wings. pscht! Itty bitty wings at that. You want some chicken? Get some damn chicken. Breasts and thighs. Drumsticks. At least a full size chicken wing. Buffaloes don't even have wings. And boneless wings aint nuthin but chicken McNuggets.

Add sour cream (good call) and tarter sauce to the condiments list too.

This.

The rest of America can f*ck off when it comes to wings because this is the only way they can truly be called "buffalo wings". Accept no substitutes. I mean seriously, anyone with half a brain knows that Pizza Hut isn't real pizza, Subway isn't a real sub sandwich, and for f*cks sake, Olive Garden isn't even CLOSE to real Italian food.

Holy crap, now I'm ranting. Time for my medicine. A pint and a shot of Beam!

Well put.

Look, Buffalo wings are damn rip off anyway. You may as well get whatever condiments you want so at least you got something. Wings. pscht! Itty bitty wings at that. You want some chicken? Get some damn chicken. Breasts and thighs. Drumsticks. At least a full size chicken wing.
Not sure where you're getting your wings, but I know a few places here where the wings are the size of a drumstick. I guarantee you can't eat more than 10 of them. Stop ordering from Dominoes. :)

grow a hairy set & just rub hot sauce in your eyes. IMO, arguing about what condiment (A/K/A sissy sauce) should be served with what & sticking to only that is like never trying a different beer than the only one you grew up with.

Neither, I enjoy the heat and flavor of wings done well. Veggies have no place with the wings for me, if I am blowing my diet give me fries will even take sweet potato fries

Will even take sweet potato fries? Sweet potato fries are great!

And I get nothing from Damshesahoe. Well, not any more. They were okay for delivery. Then they sucked. Then they got okay for delivery. But we've better options here. Mr Jim's for delivery and Boss for eat in. Then we have some fancy pizza places. Some really good. Some, meh.

Neither, I enjoy the heat and flavor of wings done well. Veggies have no place with the wings for me, if I am blowing my diet give me fries will even take sweet potato fries

Give me them sweet tater fries!!

Blue Cheese for me if I had to choose, but I always just order the freakin hottest sauce they have and don't dip them in anything.

I don't see how ranch is any more girly than blue cheese. I like them fine just as they are.

It's a question of right versus wrong, okay? Blue cheese goes with buffalo wings. You want "girly"? Go get some teriyaki wings or some garlic and butter wings. Buffalo wings are supposed to be HOT, and served with blue cheese and celery. And if you don't know, now you know...

You need o understand that people get fired up when the rest of the country messes with local and regional specialties. Ask someone from the Maryland area what a crab cake is supposed to be. Ask someone from the Gulf Coast what Jambalaya is all about. Hell, ask people from Kansas City or Memphis what their idea of barbeque is. Ask some one from Utah what the f*ck "fry sauce" is (it's ketchup mixed with mayo). Crazy Mormons!;)

Wow, I knew people here got pissy when they see someone order a BMC. Never knew they got pissy seeing what type of sauce I dipped hot wings in. Next they'll be telling me I can't have BBQ sauce on my pulled pork and can only put mustard and relish on a hot dog.

I put fruit and nuts in my beer. You put whatever you want on your hotdog. You can put that Hormel hotdog gravy on it if you want. My grandma called it weenie gravy. Yeah. Now you live with grandma asking if you want gravy on your weenie.

chili can have beans. ranch can be served with wings. BMC companies can produce great brews. the "should" involved with many of these topics is all personal preference. will everyone like my Horehound Belgian Strong? nope. but it's my preference. many will say that horehound does not belong in beer. neither do raspberries nor saffron. they like their beer to taste like beer. changing something to personal taste is no crime, nor should it really be ridiculed by purists. you don't want ranch? tell them no ranch. you don't want a lime in your gin & tonic, tell them so. servers are not mind readers.

I do remember when wings always came with bleu cheese, now they say, do you want ranch? No!!! Say you want bleu cheese and celery if that is what you want!!!!

chili can have beans. ranch can be served with wings. BMC companies can produce great brews. the "should" involved with many of these topics is all personal preference. will everyone like my Horehound Belgian Strong? nope. but it's my preference. many will say that horehound does not belong in beer. neither do raspberries nor saffron. they like their beer to taste like beer. changing something to personal taste is no crime, nor should it really be ridiculed by purists. you don't want ranch? tell them no ranch. you don't want a lime in your gin & tonic, tell them so. servers are not mind readers.

Now I want horehound candy. And I want to go around saying horehound. A lot.

And yes. Chili can have beans and is better for it.

Horehound... yes, just saying it out loud makes me feel good... horehound!!!

Back