Raised kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnslater

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I would show a couple quick photos of how my Kegerator conversion turned out. I started with an old $50 craigslist fridge. I decided to install taps through the door because I didn't want to deal with cooling the lines in a tower. I dressed up the front with some oak trim around the taps and built a shelf to raise it off the floor - and make it worthy of my wife letting me keep it in the dining room. I found a good online source for cheap custom vinyl graphics to "brand" the front. Finished it off with some tap handles I made on my table sander.
0F309D3F-CBBD-4D1B-9538-9D8BA9C8EED3_zps5fxlfigx.jpg

E215274C-2EB2-4F7D-9BEA-A71865E24AE1_zpsvz9ns1ly.jpg

I really like this. It totally changes the feel of a mini fridge kegerator. Well done.

Looks great.
how did you do you front wood trimming?

I cut strips of oak thin and used liquid nails to adhere them to the door. I then trimmed it with thicker pieces, also glued with liquid nails. Good thing about this adhesive is that it is really tacky and holds the wood with no clamping.

Well done, it looks really classy. I like the oak piece on the door and the stainless pulls as rails, those are really nice details.

That dresses up a plain bar fridge really nicely. Looks awesome. Store your glasses upside down though.

Back