Racetrack style corny kegs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
somehow i just wound up with two of them. havent really gone through them yet, but since the lids have more real estate than the regular elliptical style i'm going to try and cut a hole and put in a TC flange via weldless bulkhead.

so if it works, they'll become my fermenter kegs. now before i take them all apart- can somebody tell me what i'm looking at in terms of parts and whatnot? are the posts threaded differently than typical coke/pepsi style kegs? gaskets and whatnot all the same? (other than lid, obv) AIH seems to have some parts, any other suppliers who carry these?

much appreciated.

I used these lids: Link for using a non-racetrack style corny keg as a fermentor. I don't use it much due to issues with trub and blow-off due to limited head space.

For restoring your racetrack style kegs, I suggest that you tear them down and replace the worn parts (mainly the "plastic" and rubber parts). Match them up with the photos on AIH website as there are hybrid styles of racetrack kegs which use "conventional" posts as opposed to the older style racetrack posts. They are not interchangeable. Some of these parts are becoming harder to find due to limited supply and demand.

My restored racetrack style kegs work just fine for serving beer on tap.

Back