R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know his name as well. I checked his city's news and arrest records a couple times for him, but didn't even think checking Zillow.

Likely he is just in between ISPs at the moment. Kinda surprised he didn't say anything about moving.
From what my anonymous source has found out, the house was in his mother's name; I don't know what her name is, so it could be he's dealing with the fallout from her demise or her moving to assisted living. I'm dealing with something similar with my own father right now, and it takes up a lot of time and effort (getting him set up with Medicaid, it's a long rabbit hole to go down). So at the very least we can assume that other things are taking priority over HBT right now for him. I'm just going to bank on the idea that someday he will come back like nothing happened; we've seen that with other members. In the meantime:

I'm just going to bank on the idea that someday he will come back like nothing happened; we've seen that with other members.
I really like that thought, though in his case, he might reappear with a new thread on how to turn a clothes-dryer into a cremation unit, and another thread on fermenting bone-meal....just to freak out the readership. ;P

he might reappear with a new thread on how to turn a clothes-dryer into a cremation unit, and another thread on fermenting bone-meal....just to freak out the readership. ;P

Did I miss where we started discussing IsMellWeird?

For the record: I meant that in the most respectful way. I really miss his creative brilliance. I'm actually hoping that the worse thing that could have happened was that he was inventing some new piece of gear that blew up and made his house unlivable and we'll hear back from him once he creatively sorts it out.

I think he'd appreciate the irreverent humor, but we've all seen where a thread can go once the goats come out.
It's DRMM. Go for it. I've watched bracc for years on this forum, and I am sure he would not appreciate somber and restrained (and sober).

We all have seen the slightly cringe-y photos @bracconiere posted of his kitchen; the photos of the house now for sale show a pristine cleanliness. So I'm betting he's crashing at a friend's pad (isn't that what we called it back in the 70's?) and doesn't have time to post here. Let's hope goats are not involved; he might find a way to include them in his brewing.

As for the mention of @ismellweird (who is apparently no longer a member based on me trying to get that @ thing to work): he was entertaining for a while, but not on a par with @bracconiere . More of a sorbet to cleanse our palates. I still think he was a regular member who started a new account just to mess with us.

On another note, I finally made some limoncello and I'm sipping on it tonight. This post has a LOT of backspacing/spellcheck/oops did I type that.

Lemon peels in the vodka or suspend lemons in closed jar above but not touching?
Peels in the vodka, with some sugar. Before it was chilled it tasted a bit like lemon Pledge smells. Last night I mixed it with some sprite, was very tasty (and as aforesaid, potent). Have a wee bit of a hangover this morning.

Peels in the vodka, with some sugar. Before it was chilled it tasted a bit like lemon Pledge smells. Last night I mixed it with some sprite, was very tasty (and as aforesaid, potent). Have a wee bit of a hangover this morning.

My wife wanted to make limoncello. I don't like limoncello. So we compromised and made limoncello.

Apparently it's fine long-term as long as it's frozen. So since it's too sweet for me and she rarely drinks anything other than wine and the occasional beer, we've got 4 bottles in the freezer that will probably outlive us both.

I made limoncello by suspending whole lemons in a hop sock, inside a 3L flip top, over but not touching vodka, per some internet “best recipe from Brooklyn” or some zuch. Underwhelming. Would do zest/peels submerged next time.

I made limoncello by suspending whole lemons in a hop sock, inside a 3L flip top, over but not touching vodka, per some internet “best recipe from Brooklyn” or some zuch. Underwhelming. Would do zest/peels submerged next time.

Sounds like my buddy's recipe for Martinis. Pour chilled gin into glass. Pass vermouth bottle from left hand to right hand over glass. Enjoy.

I'm going to get me some more vodka later today and try it again, this time with grapefruit peels. I love grapefruit. That and sprite should taste like Fresca, with a kick.

That brings flashbacks from my broke-ass young adult days. Vodka (the cheap crap, like Karkov) and green gatorade.
Reminded me of Kool aid and everclear along with some cliff jumping into the lake. Young and dumb those were the days lol.

@bracconiere where are ya bud? Hope those sugar washes are treating you well.

I'm going to get me some more vodka later today and try it again, this time with grapefruit peels. I love grapefruit. That and sprite should taste like Fresca, with a kick.
Fresca, triple sec, lime Smirnoff. For the win.
(second time trying to post this. must be an issue with posting beverage recipes that aren't barley related)

Fresca, triple sec, lime Smirnoff. For the win.
(second time trying to post this. must be an issue with posting beverage recipes that aren't barley related)

@doug293cz , @IslandLizard , should we disable the hard liquor and cocktail recipe blocker?

@doug293cz , @IslandLizard , should we disable the hard liquor and cocktail recipe blocker?
Could you instead fix it so that gatorade and vodka doesn't slip through? Waves of nausea are washing over me from a Monsters of Rock concert flashback... maybe it's not considered a cocktail if it wasn't chilled?

Perhaps Brac has siblings and the place had to sell or SS found out he was still cashing the checks. (Sorry about your mom if that's the case Brac.)

Latest posts

Back