Quit calling it a "hefe"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
goddamnit, all you people that are calling wheat beers "hefe"s need to stop, alright? It's "hefeweizen", "wit", or "wheat beer"! hefe means "yeast"...you are not making a yeast beer! you are making a goddamn wheat beer with yeast that accentuates its flavors!

good, glad i got that out of my system. don't let me catch that **** happening again.

:p

In portland, a hef is a widmer hefeweizen. Every bar ever has it. Yes people are saying "I'll take a yeast", yes they are putting lemon it, yes it tastes good.

Pico's right, in Portland if you order a hefe, you're getting a Widmer hefeweizen. They invented the american hefeweizen style, after all, so we get some leeway.

Yes, they will add a lemon to it.

Oops...looks like he got out of his straight jacket again...

straitjacket_new1.jpg

Pico's right, in Portland if you order a hefe, you're getting a Widmer hefeweizen. They invented the american hefeweizen style, after all, so we get some leeway.

Yes, they will add a lemon to it.

All the more reason to never order a "hefe"...I despise Widmer.

I don't believe in American Hefeweizen anyway, it's a goddamn American WHEAT. A hefeweizen has character from the yeast.

And yes, you can call it a weizen...that means wheat and it's a wheat beer.

And no, I don't sleep.

I just hate it when I ask for a hefeweizen at a bar (this happened last night) and the bartender says "oh, a hefe?" No, I want a ****ing hefeweizen and if you put a lemon in it I'll slap you (probably on her ass, cuz it was kinda nice.)

Then I come on HBT and I see more "hefe" nonsense. You lazy ****s don't need to abbreviate everything! :p

For some reason I am not able to reply to the OP via quote but only in this thread. Well I will compromise and cut/paste and see if this goes through goddamnit!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

goddamnit, all you people that are calling wheat beers "hefe"s need to stop, alright? It's "hefeweizen", "wit", or "wheat beer"! hefe means "yeast"...you are not making a yeast beer! you are making a goddamn wheat beer with yeast that accentuates its flavors!

good, glad i got that out of my system. don't let me catch that **** happening again.

**Ok my comment was to be that I find that amusing. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me mad not being able to respond properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

good, glad i got that out of my system. don't let me catch that **** happening again.:p

Dude, Relax! Have a Hefe, you will feel better!

"Would you say I have a plethora of yeast, El Hefe?" (misspelled/misquoted for effect)

Yeah, but that's classy. And this srsly pissed me off.

So you're complaining about us abbreviating Beer realted lingo when you're over here quoting Meredith Grey?

I am making a hefe this weekend, It's BM's Black peppered Wit recipe. I'm going to use a wheat yeast in it I think to give it that authentic German yeastiness I like so much in Blue Moon :)

That should about cover it all.....

Back