Quick Yeast Fermentation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuldawg

Reaction score
Quick question for the general public. I did a batch of honey summer ale yesterday (included Pils LME, 2 DME, dried orange and lemons peels, 1 oz cascade and 1 lb honey). Finished in the afternoon and let I cool down to 68-70 last night and then added Saf 05 dry ale yeast. I checked the airlock this morning and it is not bubbling as vigorously as I expected, hardly any action really. Temp on bucket is still reading 68-70. Should I be worried? Relax? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Shuldawg said:
Quick question for the general public. I did a batch of honey summer ale yesterday (included Pils LME, 2 DME, dried orange and lemons peels, 1 oz cascade and 1 lb honey). Finished in the afternoon and let I cool down to 68-70 last night and then added Saf 05 dry ale yeast. I checked the airlock this morning and it is not bubbling as vigorously as I expected, hardly any action really. Temp on bucket is still reading 68-70. Should I be worried? Relax? Suggestions?
Thanks!

I have noticed that Us-05 takes off slow for me. Usually starts in about 12 hours but takes time to get going.

Relax. US-05 is a very reliable yeast.

The airlock bubbling is nice to see, but lack of it doesn't mean that you're not fermenting. An itty-bitty leak is all it takes to let the CO2 escape somewhere else.

Back