quick question before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shady oaks

Reaction score
So today I am bottling my first batch. I have washed all bottles to be used. I am about to sanitize them. My question is after I sanitize them, how long to let the bottles air dry to get rid of the moisture inside? Or sanitize, empty as much as possible and bottle right away? As far as the sanitizer, it is easy clean from the home brewery.

My first batch I just shook the bottles untill they were pretty dry and mine turned out just fine. If you have a way to dry them upside down, then do that. Wash them first then start the rest of the process (transfer to bucket, make priming solution, etc) by that time the bottles should be good to go.

I wouldn't worry about it. I would sanitize in warm water, and pull them from the sanitizer before you start boiling your DME. By the time you are ready to actually fill, they'll be good to go.

I would get something different than easy clean next time. its not the best sanitizer (is it even labeled as a sanitizer...or is it a cleanser?)

Star-san is your friend.

Back