Quick Krausen Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Reaction score
Brewing a Hefeweizen in a 6.5 gallon carboy. Have had great fermentation and a nice thick krausen. Beer is on day 5. This is the first beer I'm gonn leave in the primary until bottling. Most of the Krausen has fallen back into the brew. But there is a pretty thick layer left covering the entire top of my carboy.

I haven't touched it. Soooo... Leave it be? Gently clean it out? Or gently push it into the brew?

Thanks! :D

Gary

I have that happen in a lot of beers that I do. I just leave it be and haven't had issues with it.

Leave it be... no need to go in there playing around with it. Let it finish up what it's doing on its own.

A good rule of thumb is don't ever go poking and priding in the beer once it's in the fermenter. Set the temp, and forget about; save for gravity readings.

Awesome! My suspicions were correct to not mess with it.

:)

Gary

Patience. 3 weeks . check gravity, get two matching readings at end of three weeks you bottle. Next you may ask,"my Hefe is still cloudy should I be concerned"? Nope, they just turn out that way, but man they are tasty. Cheers:)

Back