Quick Help Please - Too much priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbosco

Reaction score
Ok, Just about to bottle and due to a couple of unforeseen circumstances I ended up with just over three gallons of beer in my bottling bucket, but I already added enough corn sugar (3/4 cup) for 5 gallons.

Am I at risk for bottle bombs? Any ideas what to do?

I could probably get another gallon if I wait an hour or two (yes, the remaining was accidently shaken and is currently FULL of yeast).

Thanks in advance

Currently waiting it out, but the settling process seems to be VERY slow going.

Also to help get the last bit of beer out of a sort of cloudy fermenter, I've transferred as much liquid as possible (cloudy stuff included, everything liquid!) to a taller, thinner container. I have some buckets that are taller and thinner, or a small 1 gallon container that is tall and thin. Crash cool it in that, and you'll be able to extract more beer from the yeast after it drops due to the width of the fermenter :)

Thanks to all for the help. Ended up being able to get about another gallon out before I got back into the funk zone. Still a bit short, but nothing that should be over the top carbed. Some lessons learned though, and some great smelling IPA's in bottle.

Thanks again!

Right on, worst case now you'll just have a higher carbed IPA, you're in the safe zone :)

Back