Quick & Easy Keg Pressure Checker / Air Compressor Fill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpstateMike

Reaction score
pressurecheck fill.jpg

Materials:
One Gas Quick Disconnect with 1/4 Inch Barb
One 3/16 Inner Diameter vinyl tubing
Two 1/4 - 5/8 Inch Hose Clamps
One Victor Metal Valve Extension, as seen below:
victor valve extension2.jpg

Warm the vinyl tubing (boiling water or a hair dryer / heat gun), and push the valve extension into the tubing.
Attach the Gas QD to the other end of the tubing.
Secure the tubing to the Gas QD and the valve extension with hose clamps.

Now you can attach this device to your gas side post and either fill it from your air compressor to pressure check your keg, or use a tire pressure gauge to check the pressure of your keg.

:mug:

I like the idea for pressure checking kegs. When I use an air compressor for rinsing lines I put a barb on a air blower and just press the button.

I am going to build this but I will be sure to back the pressure down on my compressor regulator. I really don't want 120 plus psi in my kegs, don't know what would happen and i am not going to find out. Be careful.

I carb and serve at 12 PSI, so I test my kegs at 30 PSI... I figure if there's going to be a leak, that will find it...

:mug:

Or you can turn your corny keg into an "air pig" and use your CO2 to fill your car tires. If you happen to not own a compressor.

Back