Quick disconnects for my quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedrunkdutchman

Reaction score
So I recently saw these in-line stainless steel disconnects on Amazon, and that got me thinking. See, I have a bunch of 3 & 5 gallon pin-lock kegs and several 1, 1.5, & 1.75 gallon ball-lock kegs and although it's not too hard to switch fittings back and forth with mfl disconnects, if I had another quicker way to swap them out that would be great. From what I've read, they can handle up to 60 psi (well above carbonation & serving pressure). Best way I can think to install the secondary disconnect is too, 1. Try to attach them directly to the keg disconnect (which would require some fitting that would convert 1/4 inch mfl to 1/2 inch npt, and I haven't had luck finding one) or 2. Splice the fittings into the line preferably with in a few inches of the keg disconnect. I'm leaning towards the second option but my concern is that it might disturb the liquid to much and cause foaming at the faucet. Or would putting it at the beginning of a long line allow it to slow down enough by the time it gets to the faucet?

I'd like to know which or where to find a quick connect for my Co2 line too? I am new to this so I am not sure which is the better one to get or what to look for, any links on this would be great help. Not trying to hijack O.P's just figured you are on the subject for your application and you did not post your amazon link or choice...

Back