Quick brewing mead recipe please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSappenf

Reaction score
So I have brewed mead a couple of times, once plain and once with prickly pear. It took a year for it to be ready to ferment. I am hoping to have a batch bottled and ready to drink by Thanksgiving. Are there any quick brew recipes? I guess if I had a choice, I'd like it to be good, semi-sweet, and possibly have a fruity tone to it....

Contained in the BOMM post suggested above is a Cyser BOMM recipe that I made for Thanksgiving. It was very tasty at 12 days after pitching; however, I don't yet know how long it takes to clear (I am 12 days in on the first trial run).

The 1 gallon traditional BOMM clears by the end of the month in my and others hands. May be a safer bet.

Search for "Joe's Grape Mead"

It's the only tried and true quick mead I've ever done.

There are other good quick meads out there, but "quick" in mead terms usually means 6 months.

Joe's Grape is the only one that is "as advertised" on quickness and drinkability. Even Joe's Ancient Orange takes a few months.

OoOoOo.o.o... Ancient Orange. That sounds good. Someone post a link?

Not by Thanksgiving.

Joe's Grape (pyment) is possible, but not the JAOM

Joe's Ancient Orange is something you could ferment this week and drink in March.

Latest posts

Back