Quick Bottling question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscbo1

Reaction score
Just bottled a batch of Belgian Witbier, I notice a few caps were stubborn to put on. After bottling everything, I was drying all the tops with a cloth, neatly packing them away for bottle conditioning, and long and behold found the culprit to a few of the stubborn tops. Somebody (cough cough...wife) added a few twist offs to my bottle collection. Has anybody ever successfully bottled a twist off? It seams to be sealed, but am skeptical. Should, or can I transfer that beer into another bottle just by pouring into the new one?

I'd imagine they'll be fine. Transferring is probably more risky than leaving them be.

On an episode of Sam Caglione's Discovery show, they accidentally bottled a batch of punkin beer in twist off bottles. They ran some tests in their lab and verified that they were sealed just fine.

when i used to bottle a long time ago, i used twist-offs at the start. they're ok the first few times, then the threads start getting damaged. for safety sake, you can use the 1's you have already bottled, but dump them when finished

Thanks for the responses, I only had 3 empty sanitized bottles left, but 4 capped twistoffs. I ended up pouring 3 of them of them in the clean bottles I had, and left the 4th in the twist off bottle. I just took a sharpie to the caps of the four in question. I'll probably taste test one of them first after 2-3 weeks conditioning.

I'd imagine they'll be fine. Transferring is probably more risky than leaving them be.

On an episode of Sam Caglione's Discovery show, they accidentally bottled a batch of punkin beer in twist off bottles. They ran some tests in their lab and verified that they were sealed just fine.

I remember that episode. I kept thinking that was the batch that got dumped?...But yeah,leave'em be. Twisties seem to be hit or miss,& the glass is thinner.

29 days later, and I just cracked open a bottle. I marked the top with a "?" so I would know which one was the twist off. It poured a nice 1" head, nicely carbonated, and I swear is the best Belgian Wit I've ever consumed. I have no doubt in my mind that the rest of the batch will be the same. Cheers!

A9AA6091-A44E-423A-8EFB-977703D10C0C-8942-00000CA971D3A229.jpg

200D99F7-FF2E-4464-A148-A5BCBA606339-8942-00000CA83DFD06BD.jpg

Back