Questions regarding labels...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
I just downloaded GIMP and have been playing around with it at work, its a blast...I have never made any labels before because I typically keg so pardon my ignorance...lol...

1) What labels do you guys suggest? I really like the oval style...
2) Will I be able to scale the artwork to fit the label? no overlaps etc?
3) Here is my first attempt at a label for my Pumpkin Batch for our annual Halloween party...and any suggestions or criticism would be appreciated

Thanks...

sleepyhollow3.jpg

Not sure about the orange coloring in the image, seems just... off somehow. Right now i use Avery DesignPro for labels, thou I think i will drop that soon and convert fully to Photoshop. ADP is free from their site, you can do some decent stuff with it, no really fancy text tricks, those are in Photoshop. In my "a few more" thread the only part of the labels made in Photoshop is "The Devils Dopplebock" text. everything else is images, text, and color panels placed with ADP.

I think the orange would look better if it were a softer shade. As it is right now I think it pulls your attention away from the image of Ichabod. I think once you get that sorted out it will really pull this label together. I think it's a very nicely done label.
Good work.

I thought the same but wanted to throw in some pumpkin orange for color, but I was looking further and found another image that I think looks a bit better...I was trying to make the Horseman and his horses eyes blood red but couldnt figure out how to do it...

sleepyhollow2.jpg

Back