******* questions about Sig Voss Kviek

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NGD

Reaction score
I shot Yeast Bay support an email awhile back and never heard anything so I figured I would as these here since I know a few of you have experience with this. Any suggestions or help is appreciated greatly. These are copy/pasted from the email I sent. First question had to do with shipping.

J

2. Would you suggest a starter or 2 packs of yeast for a OG of ~1.080-1.090?

3. How does this yeast due with temp fluctuations between 80-100? Would I be better served trying to keep it near the higher end at all times?

Just thought of another question. Is cold storage typically recommended for this yeast? Figured it was but wanted to double check.

Hi there, this is Nick from The Yeast Bay, I monitor all our emails closely and never received an email with this question, are you sure you sent to the right address? If I overlooked it I apologize!

This particular strain is a beast, under pitching won’t ruin your beer, I have a number of commercial breweries that buy this strain that purposefully under pitch it with good results. Personally, I use it at a standard ale pitch rate of 1,000,000 cells/ml/p fermenting at the high end of 90-95 F, and I have always gotten strong orange ester formation.

Hi there, this is Nick from The Yeast Bay, I monitor all our emails closely and never received an email with this question, are you sure you sent to the right address? If I overlooked it I apologize!

This particular strain is a beast, under pitching won’t ruin your beer, I have a number of commercial breweries that buy this strain that purposefully under pitch it with good results. Personally, I use it at a standard ale pitch rate of 1,000,000 cells/ml/p fermenting at the high end of 90-95 F, and I have always gotten strong orange ester formation.

Hi Nick, thank you for the reply.

Certain I got the address correct. I'm lazy so I copy/pasted to [email protected] and the email wasn't kicked back by email daemon so it went somewhere. I realize with dozens of emails to return that one may slip through the cracks on occasion. Word of mouth would indicate you guys are running a good shop. Greatly appreciate the response on here. I look forward to ordering from you guys when you have it back in stock.

Back