Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noobjf

Reaction score
Recently purchased a brinkmann turkey fryer and when I got home I realized that it has a safety feature that shuts the gas off to prevent overheating, will this affect me when brewing beer?

Why would it hurt.. its for boiling cooking oil which has an extremely high temp over something like sugary wort... but anyway .. that is a good tool for making beer .. cooking outside, or just having a home brew outside anf using it for heat ;-)

I guess it would be determined by what it is set at. The boiling point for Canola oil is 225*f.

I would think that the setting would be higher than that so I don't think it would be a problem.

Its a 20 minute timer if its like the one i had the easiest thing to do is drill a hole in the center of the knob, then put a zip tie through the hole and wrap it around the box after turning it to its max setting.

Its a 20 minute timer if its like the one i had the easiest thing to do is drill a hole in the center of the knob, then put a zip tie through the hole and wrap it around the box after turning it to its max setting.

That sounds better than the electrical tape I used.

Back