question regarding cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avandss

Reaction score
Hello! i just got my full kit, 7 gallon ss brewtech unitank and a brewzilla 3.1 + a lot of accessories. if i clean (dip) everything in pbw would that be enough ?

Last edited:
Are you referring to an initial cleaning of manufacturing oils and such or a post brew cleaning?

Sorry I was not specific enough
After the initial cleaning as per brewtech instructions and right before brewing a new batch

So everything is clean but I waited 2 weeks to start brewing so before I want to do a Quick clean

Pbw and rinse with star san?

I am not familiar with the equipment you have. In general if my equipment was cleaned and dried and then stored in a reasonably clean environment (like my basement vs my garage) I would just give it a rinse and follow standard sanitization. If the equipment looks and smells clean, it is probably good to go. If you are in doubt, than a quick clean is not a bad idea (especially if this is your first batch on new equipment). I would look closely at places like valves and gaskets.

...So everything is clean but I waited 2 weeks to start brewing so before I want to do a Quick clean...Pbw and rinse with star san?

For the unitank, assuming it was put away clean & dry, I would just rinse it with StarSan.

For the Brewzilla, assuming it was put away clean & dry & closed, I wouldn't even bother rinsing it. It's going to reach boiling temps. If it was stored open, where there was a chance of insects getting into it, then I'd rinse it out with water.

For anything that got stored wet (especially if the top was on), then I'd clean it first, because of the chance of mold.

Back