Question on Muntons Nut Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewkeen

Reaction score
I am about to brew this up and based on me searching I need to use 2.2-3lbs of DME for the first stage fermentation. When I go to bottle it should I use DME as well or something else? How much should I put in each 12 oz bottle?

Also, I have seen a lot about the muntons yeast being junk. I had a hard time finding what yeast strain would be best suited for this beer. Any suggestions?

Lastly, does anyone that has made this before have any other suggestions on things I should add for an improved taste?

Thanks in advance!

I just made a Nut Brown Ale on St. Paddy`s day.It was not from a kit-my own recipe, I usually use Nottingham dry yeast for brown ale,never failed me and the taste is right for the style.I would suggest 4 to 4.5 oz of corn sugar for bottling a 5 gallon batch,if you
use DME for priming I would guess about 5 to 5.25 oz.Those are just my thoughts from my experience.

cheers

Are you using a bottling bucket or planning on bottle priming? For a bottling bucket about 5oz of corn sugar dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water is usually good....I bottle prime all the time and about 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of cane sugar per 12oz bottle is fine. I don't use dme to bottle prime, messy.

Back