Question? How much of your beer do you tipically drink while bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

woollybugger2

Reaction score
I just bottled a Stone Smoked Porter clone and couldn't get enough of the stuff... sure it was warm and flat but it sure tasted good ;)

I sluffed off a couple of pints while bottling :_ :mug:

lowlife

Reaction score
I dont drink any while bottling. The un-fermented sugar doesn't exactly please me.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
I just drink the half-filled bottle I end with
You can get a real good idea of what the beer will be like in a few weeks. I would never miss an opportunity to gain knowledge of beer in the process of becoming beer.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
I'll grab the hydrometer sample, and whatever doesn't fill a bottle entirely at the end. Plus a few sips throughout the process if I get thirsty :D. Maybe I'm weird, but I like the taste of green, uncarbonated, warm beer...as long as it's something I made ya know?

flylock_jac

Reaction score
Most the time I'll drink a couple glasses . All in the name of science of course.

CBBaron

Reaction score
I dont drink any while bottling. The un-fermented sugar doesn't exactly please me.
What unfermented sugar are you referring to? The sugar you add to the beer before bottling is a small percentage of the residual sugars left in your beer after fermentation and have very little effect on the taste. Adding 5oz of sugar to 5 gal of beer adds under .002 to the SG.

I usually drink the partial pint left at the end of bottling. A few times I've miss estimated how much was left in the bucket and wound up with over a pint. This got me in trouble when i bottled 2 batches of mead in one evening. I ended up finishing the better part of 2 pints of 15% ABV mead in one evening. That stuff will kick your a**. :drunk:

Craig

c.n.budz

Reaction score
For the batch that I'm bottling, I'll drink the hydro sample and maybe the last half filled bottle. However, I'll usually knock back a few pints of another one of my brews that are ready when I'm bottling