Question about Taprite LHT valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyTheBrewer

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been meaning to pick up one of these dual regs by Taprite. My problem is I use MPT threads on all my lines for ease of disconnecting, moving the tank around, etc.

I would just buy the right valves but apparently they are left hand thread. According to the above site, they don't sell anything that would convert the valve.

My question is, would something like this MFL to MPT adapter work to replace the hose barbs on the stock valves?
And is there anywhere else I can get them from other than Chi ($20+ shipping to Canada).

Thanks everyone!

Flare (MFL, FFL) connectors are designed for gas applications, as they're self-sealing and don't require thread tape. Ideally, your setup would've stuck with that style of connector.

Pipe Thread (MPT, FPT) are generally designed for fluids, and require sealant of some sort (generally brazing, soldering, joint compound, or teflon tape).

As long as you get the thread sizes correct, there's no reason that you can't use an adapter between the two.

I'd recommend checking Amazon or eBay for better pricing.

Do the hose barbs come off those valves? They look like they would. I haven't been able to find left hand threaded 1/4 inch MPT valves with the MFL thread instead of the damn hose barb!

Oh, I had a typo up there. I meant to say I use the flare fittings on everything which is why I want to change the stock hose barbs that come on the reg but can't find anything LHT.

Recieved the reg and to finish off this thread, the Tapright reg has LHT on the HIGH pressure ports (line in from tank and HP gauge) but RHT for the LOW pressure ports (LP guage and valve line out).

That is all.

Recieved the reg and to finish off this thread, the Tapright reg has LHT on the HIGH pressure ports (line in from tank and HP gauge) but RHT for the LOW pressure ports (LP guage and valve line out).

That is all.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but were you able to find a fitting to replace the barb with MFL? I took out the barb on mine, but that thread seems very short, not really standard...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but were you able to find a fitting to replace the barb with MFL? I took out the barb on mine, but that thread seems very short, not really standard...

I was never able to find anything to replace just the barb on the valve. I had to buy whole new valves to put on the reg that came with the flare fitting. Even the flare fittings I were to take off other parts I had wouldnt fit on the taprite hose barb valves. Oh well..

Latest posts

Back