Question about brew pot???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxford

Reaction score
NSF Stainless Steel Stock Pot with Lid, 40 qt, Stock Pots

Check this out. Great price on a 10 gallon brew pot (stainless steal) but in the description it says encapsulated aluminum core bottom for even heating. Is it steal or aluminum??? Anyone have an idea?

* 40 qt stainless steel stock pot
* NSF professional stainless steel cookware
* excellent ant-corrosive properties
* maximum magnetic conductivity for induction cooking
* 3-ply encapsulated 4mm aluminum core bottoms for even heating
* includes stainless steel cover
* 15-3/4" High x 20" Diameter
4 millimeters

No worries...it is stainless steel! Better pots have a layer of alum. sandwiched inside the bottom layer to provide better heat transfer.

Those dimensions seem askew...15 3/4 X 20 would be bigger than 40 qt. I think???

No worries...it is stainless steel! Better pots have a layer of alum. sandwiched inside the bottom layer to provide better heat transfer.

Gotcha... was hoping that was the case. Is this a good price?

If you're looking for cheap SS brew pots check out Bayou Classic's pots here, or on amazon.com. They are a little more on Amazon, but you can get the free shipping, so I think it comes out about the same.

If you're looking for cheap SS brew pots check out Bayou Classic's pots here, or on amazon.com. They are a little more on Amazon, but you can get the free shipping, so I think it comes out about the same.

Thanks for the post!

They also have the great prices on burners!!! thank you.

Last piece I need now is a grain mill. Was thinking that I could make one but... not sure if crushing the grain to fine would impact the mash. Do the manufactured grain mills have standardized specs?

$130 seems like a lot for a wheel and crank :)

It may seem like a lot but grain crushers are very much worth the price. Make sure you get one that is adjustable so you can crush finer or coarser if needed.

Got my Barley Crusher for $65 off of craigslist. It's not really needed for extract if your LHBS can crush, but I couldn't pass it up. And as far as the OP goes: get a quality 10+ gallon pot and you'll never need to buy another.

Back