Question about a long bottle condition of a commercial beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
I moved to Alaska 3 years ago. My dad is a huge Deadliest Catch fan. I was in a beer store up here and saw a bottle of Rogue's Deadliest Ale with Sig Hansen on the bottle. Coincidentally, Sig was doing a book signing about a week later. I bought the bottle with the intention of getting it signed and sending it to my dad in the lower 48. That never happened. Fast forward 3 years. We just moved into the house we're buying 2 months ago. I was unpacking some boxes (I've been out of town) today and found this bottle. I'm curious what to expect from this beer. I threw it in the fridge and I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow night. Has anyone let a commercial beer go this long? Any thoughts on this? I'm gonna go grab another bottle of it tomorrow before I come home so I can compare the two (I've never had it). Just curious if anyone has any input on what I should expect...

Thanks!

cellaring a commercial beer is no different than a homebrewed beer. whether it's a good idea to cellar or not depends on the style...

Back