Pumpkin wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russellz

Reaction score
Hey I need a pumpkin wine reciepe using canned pumpkin. I have a six gallon carboy

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You might try doing a search in the recipe forum in the wine subforum...I don't have any, personally, I use fresh pumpkin of my pumpkin meads, sry.

I normally do pumpkin meads but this could make a wine too. Here is my recipe substituting honey for sugar:

1gallon

Primary

1/2 of a 29oz can of pumpkin purée
Equal part by volume of baked sweet potato cube
2lb sugar
1 TBS or 3 tea bags of Chia spiced tea
2 whole clove
1 cinnamon stick
1tsp of powdered ginger
1tsp of powdered nutmeg
1tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
Yeast (Wyeast London ESB 1968)

After primary is over

Add another half 29oz can of pumpkin purée and equal part of baked sweet potato.

Process: measure the volume of your purée and chop up some sweet potato into small 1/2 inch blocks and measure to the same volume. Bake them in the oven at 350*F for 15 min is all. Everything is mixed into the primary and topped off with water. Gravity should be adjusted to 1.082. The yeast is very important. I choose this yeast because it does well to accentuate the pumpkin flavor but more importantly it flocculates supper well which helps this very starchy wine clear quickly. You will need to mix the wine twice daily for the first week but after 2-3 weeks will finish fermenting and clear at a gravity about 1.010 and 9.5% ABV. Rack to a new carboy when clear and add the additional pumpkin and sweet potato. Let sit another two weeks and rack again. Rack every 30 days till no sediment drops then bottle.

Sounds good. Thank u. I want to use pumpkins but it's not the season to get them

You might try doing a search in the recipe forum in the wine subforum...I don't have any, personally, I use fresh pumpkin of my pumpkin meads, sry.

I tried but their were none there. There used to be. Around last fall. Must rotate them

I add pumpkin puree to my Apple wine, it don't taste like pumpkin but it does improve the flavor and it seems to make it much clearer for some reason. I don't use anything to try to clear it up.

Back