Publix AJ + 3068?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmetal

Reaction score
I tried to experiment so I put 5g of publix AJ (aj + abscorbic acid) on a 3068 yeast cake.

It's been 2 weeks. I forgot brown sugar
Should I add brown sugar now to reactivate fermentation and boost abv or bottle as is?

also how much priming sugar am I looking at?

hmm.... it's in an ale pail right now so I may just add it... do I just pour it in and stir or boil with water to dissolve?

If you're going to add brown sugar after the initial fermentation has slowed down or stopped then you'll want to dissolve it in some boiling water and cool it down in the same way you'd cool down your wort. Boil 1 cup of water for every 3/4 cup you intend to add. Once it is cool enough (warm to the touch) just dump it into the fermenter. You don't need to stir it in or anything.

Keep in mind the higher the alcohol content the longer it'll take to become pleasant to drink. I find that most apple juice and cider has enough sugar that a beer yeast will ferment down to a perfect balance of apple and alcohol :D

Add 3/4 cup of dextrose to prime.

Back