Propper pants for a brewing man.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably doesn't matter in the least for homebrewing, but that certainly isn't following best practices. Here is the brewers association recommendations for clothing, gloves etc.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...f-Protective-Clothing-for-Brewery-Workers.pdf

The biggest safety concern is obviously hot wort pouring on you. Open pockets like that are a big no-no and would basically funnel wort toward your body. It's better to have loops that you can hook larger stuff on and small, closed pockets. Also, you would want relatively straight non-baggy boot cut pants that would shed liquid away.

It probably doesn't matter in the least for homebrewing, but that certainly isn't following best practices. Here is the brewers association recommendations for clothing, gloves etc.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...f-Protective-Clothing-for-Brewery-Workers.pdf

The biggest safety concern is obviously hot wort pouring on you. Open pockets like that are a big no-no and would basically funnel wort toward your body. It's better to have loops that you can hook larger stuff on and small, closed pockets. Also, you would want relatively straight non-baggy boot cut pants that would shed liquid away.

Thanks for the enlightenment. In my experience, I have seen a lot of folks get back injuries. So, I would say moving heavy **** is the biggest safety concern. After that I would put chemical handling... CO2 inhalation is high on the list.

Depends what kind of man one may be.

Some may say ass-less chaps are agreeable. Some like sweatpants with the stretchy bottom on the legs. Maybe even a kilt. I bet there's quite a few guys on here that think kilts are super manly. Maybe?

For me, I dunno. I usually just wear some jeans. I like to wear the Dickies jeans with the cell pocket on the leg. Gotta keep that phone away from my dingy...

:ban:

Depends what kind of man one may be.

Some may say ass-less chaps are agreeable. Some like sweatpants with the stretchy bottom on the legs. Maybe even a kilt. I bet there's quite a few guys on here that think kilts are super manly. Maybe?

For me, I dunno. I usually just wear some jeans. I like to wear the Dickies jeans with the cell pocket on the leg. Gotta keep that phone away from my dingy...

:ban:

Yes sir. This all sounds righteous to me!

I'm NOT sharing my "brewing naked" story again. But it's here in the forum for all to see, so to speak.

I brew barefoot, with a t-shirt and shorts usually, though.

I do have one rather nasty scar on my left boob from a scalding burn. Hot water (190 degrees) from the HLT return shot directly at my (fully clothed) chest. I stripped quick, and jumped into a cold shower to try to minimize the burn so it wasn't widespread but it was second degree, blistering almost instantly. I have a few other miscellaneous minor burns/cuts at times but nothing major.

Of course, I'm not a brewing man so I'm sure I don't count.

I'm NOT sharing my "brewing naked" story again. But it's here in the forum for all to see, so to speak.

I brew barefoot, with a t-shirt and shorts usually, though.

I do have one rather nasty scar on my left boob from a scalding burn. Hot water (190 degrees) from the HLT return shot directly at my (fully clothed) chest. I stripped quick, and jumped into a cold shower to try to minimize the burn so it wasn't widespread but it was second degree, blistering almost instantly. I have a few other miscellaneous minor burns/cuts at times but nothing major.

Of course, I'm not a brewing man so I'm sure I don't count.

I too have a burn scar on my left boob...as well as my belly, from when a hose sprang free from its clamp and sprayed me liberally. I wanted to call it Burnt Boobies Brown but I just couldn't do it.

Back