properglassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatjonguy

Now with 57.93% more awesome!
Reaction score
Let's see it.

1397530991512.jpg

Here's a couple from my files...
Vanilla porter in one of the Aldi's glasses;

Longboard Lager in my Aldi's pils glass;

Red Sky at night Saison in my Thirsty Dog Shaker glass;

The Aldi's glasses are from the set of 6 Libby's glasses Aldi's carries for $12.97.

Here's a couple from my files...
Vanilla porter in one of the Aldi's glasses;
[IMG]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/PICT0002_zps14a79135.jpg[/IMG]
Longboard Lager in my Aldi's pils glass;
[IMG]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/PICT0005_zps2bd43b73.jpg[/IMG]
Red Sky at night Saison in my Thirsty Dog Shaker glass;
[IMG]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/PICT0002_zps0283c3f5.jpg[/IMG]
The Aldi's glasses are from the set of 6 Libby's glasses Aldi's carries for $12.97.

I think OP meant properly branded glassware, like a pilsner urquell in a pilsner urquell glass, not just a pile glass etc

The Freestate one is hard to see, but its there! I also have a Firestone Walker Barrel Works teku that has not been properly broken in if someone wants to send me a Feral One :D

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

Maybe,but the ones I posted are the proper style of glass for the beers depicted. Didn't think logo glass was what was meant by proper.

I'm with you, I think proper glass to style is far more important than proper logo, but what OP was going for was what's popular on inatagram. So style over substance my brother lol

I agree with unionrdr. If I had a Boulevard Brewing tulip glass and drank their Bully Porter would that really be proper? From a branding standpoint I guess it would.

I agree with unionrdr. If I had a Boulevard Brewing tulip glass and drank their Bully Porter would that really be proper? From a branding standpoint I guess it would.

Yeah, proper has a different meaning on and off instagram. I have ~1500 followers, but as far as they're concerned if I drink a HB Gueuze out of a Gueuze Tilquin glass I'm improper :eek: lol

Yeah, proper has a different meaning on and off instagram. I have ~1500 followers, but as far as they're concerned if I drink a HB Gueuze out of a Gueuze Tilquin glass I'm improper :eek: lol

Of course you know what this makes those folks sound like?!...

I concur that proper glassware selection is more than just branding. To put a wheat beer in a sniffer that is branded of the same brewery; it is incorrect from a glassware type selection.

I propose that this thread be about both at the same time. Or at least selection of the correct style of glassware. I'm not going to run out and buy a Sierra Nevada IPA glass to drink torpedo out of, when I have two unbranded IPA glasses.

Like someone else said, it can also be about the glass in which the brewer intended it to be consumed.

Let's just agree that craft beer belongs in a glass of some sort and not straight from the bottle.

What are we? Heathens?

I concur that proper glassware selection is more than just branding. To put a wheat beer in a sniffer that is branded of the same brewery; it is incorrect from a glassware type selection.

I propose that this thread be about both at the same time. Or at least selection of the correct style of glassware. I'm not going to run out and buy a Sierra Nevada IPA glass to drink torpedo out of, when I have two unbranded IPA glasses.

Like someone else said, it can also be about the glass in which the brewer intended it to be consumed.

Let's just agree that craft beer belongs in a glass of some sort and not straight from the bottle.

What are we? Heathens?

From the bottle? HERESY!

It was awesome. Thanks. I was thinking of what I have to participate in this thread. I have a ddg and a lost abbey teku, but wasn't ready to part with that bottle yet. This was a great combo. Love that glass.

Back