Problems with corny keg and kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnyderCider

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I recently kegged my hard cider and there are a few problems. First I noticed on the first day that when I added the CO2 the top of my corny bubbled and then eventually stopped after a few seconds. Is it supposed to do that? Second after a few days I tried to hook it up to the tap line and a quick burst and then nothing. The tap didn’t make any noise after that burst and nothing came out. I checked to see if the gas was coming out and it is but the tap and line aren’t getting anything. Please help!

The original bubbling could have been when adding the co2 causing fermentation off-gassing. What pressure did you have the regulator set at when you tried to tap it?

You need to identify the leak. You have one. Add about 10 psi Co2 then if you have a spray bottle, fill it with sanitizing solution and spray around the lid and both QC post. You will get bubbles at the source of the leak,, most likely an O ring. Replace it and you should be fine. From your post it tells me it's the lid O ring.

You need to identify the leak. You have one. Add about 10 psi Co2 then if you have a spray bottle, fill it with sanitizing solution and spray around the lid and both QC post. You will get bubbles at the source of the leak,, most likely an O ring. Replace it and you should be fine. From your post it tells me it's the lid O ring.
Thank you so much!

Update:
Took off the ball lock head and kind of blew in it. Apparently it was stuck with some sediment. Word of advice, make sure to turn off the CO2 when you remove the head…my ceiling and girlfriend are not pleased with the end result…

Attachments

• E10886A6-1C9A-4161-B7B7-23AD4DEFC3DD.png
    E10886A6-1C9A-4161-B7B7-23AD4DEFC3DD.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Update:
Took off the ball lock head and kind of blew in it. Apparently it was stuck with some sediment. Word of advice, make sure to turn off the CO2 when you remove the head…my ceiling and girlfriend are not pleased with the end result…

That's nothing. I've painted several square feet of ceiling with fermentations that blew out stoppers. Real fun stuff to clean out of popcorn ceilings in apartments.

Back