Prisonweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which label do you like better?

• Label V1 (Simple version)

• Label V2 (With handcuff border)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Beer Baron

Reaction score
Here it is so far! I just threw this together tonight, and I'll probably change things around a bit. The left side will be filled in more with a description of the flavor once I get a chance to taste it. For those of you who don't know where this is coming from, check this thread

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=67248

....Anyway, let me know what you think.

l_a25fd45e7ea1fa02f9d08128738e65fc.jpg

If it seems like some of the text is hard to read, I had to scale it down for the 800 / 600 people

and yes that's my actual mugshot, and my finger prints on the left. They actually gave me a "receipt" with all of that on it when i was released.

Did you alter your prints?

Otherwise you might be making a Big House Hefe for a crime I haven't thought of yet.

Really cool label.

Thanks guys...I actually just did a little alteration...which one do you prefer?

...And the image is fairly distorted...either way..could i really get into trouble for using my mugshot? It's not for sale or anything.

l_d73ca24a8a12ae20efb19dc554a03db8.jpg

Thanks guys...I actually just did a little alteration...which one do you prefer?

...And the image is fairly distorted...either way..could i really get into trouble for using my mugshot? It's not for sale or anything.

l_d73ca24a8a12ae20efb19dc554a03db8.jpg

why would u get into trouble? a lot of counties down here post mugshots on their recent arrests online.

Thank a lot guys! I really appreciate all of the kind words. :D Just for the hell of it, I've added a poll to try and find out what the general consensus is. So far it looks like everyone likes the first version better...but I just can't decide. I think I'm going to print both versions, put them on bottles and take a picture...that may help the decision a bit.

:mug:

I voted for #1, but as an idea, maybe you put the height measurement scale next to your face to actually look like a real mugshot...maybe use this in the background...

MugshotHeightChart.jpg

Just an idea...I like it though!

I voted for #1, but as an idea, maybe you put the height measurement scale next to your face to actually look like a real mugshot...maybe use this in the background...

MugshotHeightChart.jpg

Just an idea...I like it though!

HAHA! Great Idea! I'll work on putting that in tonight. That will help it look more like a mugshot (even though that is my real mugshot). It's too bad they don't do the ol' "Hold up your number" routine anymore...they just make you stand there and take a picture in front of a webcam...wheres the novelty in that?!

The only suggestion I'd make is to remove the crease that's going across the label if possible

Yeah that was bothering me too. The reason it's there is actually because the reciept was in my pocket, and ended up with a crease right in the middle of my face, so I found a picture of a piece of paper with a crease, and lined it up to make it look a little more natural. I think though, that I'll work on either making it more faint, or removing it all together.

Thanks Kilted Brewer! I've never really thought of myself as a graphic designer... I'm flattered.

Professionally I'm a video editor...so knowing photoshop really comes in handy at times.

I've just used it for things here and there growing up (for designing website layouts/flyers for my bands...and parties and whatnot) so I've gotten to know the program pretty well.

I voted for the first one, but I think they're both excellent designs. Way to convert a crappy situation into pure awesome. I like the crease.

The tearing around the edge looks very superimposed. Perhaps add those fuzzy half-torn bits, the usual creasing that happens from tearing, etc to make it a little more genuine-looking, layered tear. Alternately skip the scissors and tear each label from the sheet by hand to stick it on. That'll be unique.

Back